Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eibach Install And Alignment....
Got my springs by FedEx today, going to get them installed on the weekend, either myself or a shop to do them. Either way, should I wait for a few days after the install to get an alignment or just get the alignment at the same time?
get the alignment at same time, you don't want to shred your tires.
'03 Focus SVT
I would let them settle. About 2 weeks of city driving.. Thats what i did..
Get it done right away. Any HIGH QUALITY spring that is properly installed won't "settle". Cheap springs will sag over time, and throw out your alignment, but you don't have to worry about that with eibach.
I waited a full day with my eibachs.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Getting them installed tomorrow. I can't get access to the resources I needed this weekend (Jack Stands, Box Wrench, Spring Compressor, etc) so I am just taking it to the dealership, no worries, my dad used to work there (passed away recently) and I get very cheap shop rate as well as staff pricing, should be about $200 for the install and alignment taxes paid.
Spring settle has less to do with the spring itself and more to do with the process of installation. The ends of the springs will settle very little; most springs are hardened to keep this to a minimum. Most of the settling comes from the spring finding its home in the mounts. I wuold wait a week or two; any misalignment that will destroy your tires in that length of time would likely make the car undriveable. Unless you are planning a 2000km road trip for Sunday, I would wait and just pay close attention to how the car acts while turning, accellerating and braking.

peace
Checked with Eibach, getting the springs installed this afternoon, going to drive it around tonight quite a bit, few hours in the city for sure, then tomorrow get an alignment. Eibach said to make sure you drive it "hard" a bit in the city to get the springs used to the vehicle. Eibach also said that there should be very little "settling" since they are very high quality.
Thats cool that they told you to drive it "hard"
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
They said to make sure you take really good turns side to side, to drive it hard as in steer hard in a parking lot, etc. Kinda funny, they basically told me to bag it without saying it straight out.

Can't wait, couple more hours and I get my car..... Woo Hoo!!
Got my springs installed, unbelievable. It looks so awesome with my body kit. Going in for an alignment tomorrow, taking pics tomorrow also.
I installed my own, for alignment... I left the 3 nuts loose on both strut towers and drove forward then stopped and tightened the nuts. I have no problems and I drive my car very hard.
SCT Inside

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eibach Spring Install Question paulicat 6 2,152 05-28-2004, 02:49 AM
Last Post: paulicat