Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tdc ?
Hi,

I wanted to know if the installation of a crank pulley could mess up the timing of the engine ? It's because my ZX5 has been running like crap for awhile and I'm wondering if setting it at TDC would make it run better. If so, can someone provide me detailled instructions on how to set the engine at TDC and the tools required to do it.

Thanks,
Marc.
Changing the crank pulley with a UDP shouldn't hurt the driveability of your car, but it's possible that the alternator isn't producing much juice at idle.. not sure if it would cause driveability issues.

Someone with a bit more UDP experience may be able to provide more insight, but I don't see it causing issues.

What kind of driveability issues are you having? stumbles, stalling, poor reving?
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Thanks for your reply. I'm having all three of the symptoms you specified although the car didn't stall at idle for over 2 weeks now so I guess it's more the stumbling and the poor reving that are issues.

I think you may be right about the alternator because my a/c started making a terrible sound when in use and someone on focaljet told me it might be caused by a bad belt, a bad alternator or the a/c compressor so it would make sens that the alternator is the cause of both of these problems.