Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help Now!
Ok, for the record I did do a search and didn't really come up with anything....

I am doing an interior paint job on my car as we speak. I took off the radio bezel, the thing around the A/C knobs and head unit (radio) and all. How the hell do you get the cigarette lighter off of the bezel?? I want to paint the whole thing to match everything else I am doing and the damn thing won't come off. I have absolutely no clue????

Anyone please help ASAP, I want to keep on painting!!!

Goto Artciles section on the main site. Tutorial there.

I had to mask mine. I couldnt get it out..
Yeah I read the article on there, guess I will be masking it. I got the entire thing off the car no problem but that damn lighter. Wonder how FORD would get it out if they had to replace it, what, they replace the entire bezel? There's some good planning on the design team.

Thanks Jason....
I figured it out finally. You have to pop out the lighter (the steel insert) first, use a flat head screwdriver, very small like one for eyeglasses to pry the steel insert from the green housing. Once that is out, then you can squeeze the green insert gently and then push it through and twist it to get it out of the radio bezel.
put it on the how to's page..as an article....might help another one..!!!
00 DAKOTA R/T.......I just didnt like the torque of the Focus thats all...!!!
Not sure how to do that but someone should note that somewhere, must have taken me about an hour to figure out plus everyone I asked all said they couldn't figure it out so they just taped it off.