Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaker Wiring
How did you guys that put in an amp and speakers re-wire your system? Did you leave the stock wiring? Let me know what you guys did!
I had a friend help me that knows what he is doing...

I mainly changed all my wiring cause I ripped off 2 harnesses inside the doors that were on the stockers...

We ran everything under carpets, door sills, and the pillars!!

everything pops out on the right side of my trunk from under the seat....

:)
I'd definatley run new speakerwire to the doors if youre gonna run the JL amp on highs. plus it always helps to have the stock wiring intact when you want to get rid of the car.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,May 28 2004, 08:41 AM Wrote:I'd definatley run new speakerwire to the doors if youre gonna run the JL amp on highs. plus it always helps to have the stock wiring intact when you want to get rid of the car.
That's what I mean. When I sell the car the Infinity speakers I put in it are going to stay because I didn't spend a lot of money on them, but the amps, sub, and deck are coming out. What would be the best way to install all this wiring?
doing it all .....rewire everything....put it this way...your locating the amp on the back..so you have to rewire the speakers....from the back to the front...no stock wires used...
00 DAKOTA R/T.......I just didnt like the torque of the Focus thats all...!!!
I just installed a new HU, new front speakers and two 12 inch subs in my ZX3. I ran speaker wire from the amp to behind the HU and spliced them into the new connector to run through the stock wires to the door. Then I used a plug that plugs into the stock speaker plug to hook up the speakers. Running new wires to the door is a PITA (if you want all wires completely hidden). Also no stock wiring cut or spliced for an easy conversion back to stock. :)
dansmurf,May 30 2004, 06:32 PM Wrote:I just installed a new HU, new front speakers and two 12 inch subs in my ZX3. I ran speaker wire from the amp to behind the HU and spliced them into the new connector to run through the stock wires to the door. Then I used a plug that plugs into the stock speaker plug to hook up the speakers. Running new wires to the door is a PITA (if you want all wires completely hidden). Also no stock wiring cut or spliced for an easy conversion back to stock. :)
same thing here...
*** 2000 Street Edition Sedan Album ***
(May Your New Owner Love You As I Did)
That way will be the only one to save you a headache....if you do it right...
my focus its how it came...I just change the front speakers..for a 3 way ones..6 x 8
cause the components ...mmmm..they dont hit thaat good...lack of highs and a good bass...but i didnt cut the stock wires...
00 DAKOTA R/T.......I just didnt like the torque of the Focus thats all...!!!
I left the stock wiring too. It's too much stress to rewire it.
What gauge is the stock speaker wiring? Right now I have 18ga for the rears, and 14ga for the fronts. Should I change the 18ga to 14ga or does the stock wiring just eliminate any advantage the 14ga brings to the table?
im gonna leave my stock wiring too, unless you can tell me a good way to fish it through the door wiring connector with it being completely hidden and stock looking.
My other ride is your Mom
id guess... but maybe a coat hanger and follow the stock wiring... alot of work/time maybe not worth it unless your hardcore into SQ
*** 2000 Street Edition Sedan Album ***
(May Your New Owner Love You As I Did)
but what about the doors, there is a connector/plug with pins on it? I know you definately cant stick wires through there, its designed to unplug from the door? unless you terminate the new wires into the pins on the connector? please explain how you got arround this?
My other ride is your Mom
i havent checked it on the svt. it seems to have a split connector. on the zx3 it looked like they used a seperate grommet on the door.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold