Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Painting Intake Tube
Hey guys.. I couldnt decide which forum to post this in.. since it's more like the Appearance of the Performance mod.. heh

I was thinking about getting a short ram intake, but I'm not crazy about polished stuff under my hood, or blue/red/yellow/usual colors they're produced in. I was thinking about painting it gunmetal, so it'll be cool and stealth and whatever-else.

I'm wondering what kind of paint I'm going to want to use for this. How hot does the intake tube get? Would I be able to get away with using wheel paint? I want the paint to stay on the tube, no flaking or peeling..

Also, do I have to worry about a high-heat primer since it's under the hood? Or will regular metal primer work?
I think the VHT caliper spray paint should do the job? The intake tube can't be as hot as the calipers....
Run your car, not your mouth
find a powdercoater man. u wont be disappointed. i dun think at least.
Turbo Kit For sale. Bills SUCK.
powder coat is way to go. but why even waste your time on painting it. no one ever see's it anyway.
Is there a place in Regina that will powdercoat things for a decent price? That would be ideal, but I dont want to have to spend a lot of money on something like this..

And Jason, I like wasting my time doing stuff that most people dont notice :P It's the subtle things that make me happy.. it's more fun.
crazy guy.

a guy in hucal forums (deuce) he got some stuff powdercoated.