Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To: Paint Rear Drums
How To: Paint Rear Drums

If your Focus did not come equipped with Advance-Trac or is not an SVT your stuck with the dull looking rear drums. Over time they rust and eventually they look like crap.

<a href='http://www.focuscanada.net/pictures/articles/how_to_paint_your_drums/drum2.jpg'>[Image: drum2.jpg] <a href='http://www.focuscanada.net/pictures/articles/how_to_paint_your_drums/drum3.jpg'>[Image: drum3.jpg]</a>

You can pick up a can of Caliper/Break paint from any Canadian Tire and costs around $8.
  • 1. Jack up the car on the side you want to do first.
    <>
  • 2. Take off the wheel.
    <>
  • 3. Grab some newspaper and masking tape and tape around the wheel well and anywhere else you dont want to get paint on. (Overspray sucks)
    <>
  • 4. Clean off any rusts spots on the drum with a wire brush. If you dont got one can get them cheap at Canadian Tire.
    <>
  • 5. Once you got the rust taken care of clean the drum with some brake cleaner.
    <>
  • 6. Once the drum was clean I got a bucket of water and put in some dishwashing soap and washed the drum down with it. Made sure it was all good and clean. Don't want any left over residue. I then made sure everything was dry.
    <>
  • 7. Alright, ready to paint. Take your time on this part. You want it to look good. I only did 3 coats with a 15 minute interval between coats. The result is awsome.
    I have heard some people doing only 2 and some doing up to 5 coats. I guess it depends on what you would consider a light coat. Make sure you don't over kill the paint and have any runs. Its best to spray less then to much.
    <>
  • 8. There! Your done the one drum. Lower the car and jack up the other side :D<>
    [st]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear Bumper Paint Problems reldridge 6 2,254 06-01-2007, 02:38 AM
Last Post: ZX5chica