Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where should I locate the ...
... oil temperature sensor.

I've read that the best place is straight into the oil pan ... I've even read about oil pan drain plug adaptors ... but I'm wondering if the Focus block offers any alternatives.

What have you heard ... what have you done?

TIA

Ken
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/oilfilter...ead-1.aspx

Here ya go.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
(06-19-2010, 09:54 AM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/oilfilter...ead-1.aspx

Here ya go.

Thanks Oscar - I was thinking of that, but I may also want to put an oil cooler on later and if I do I will be using a sandwhich adaptor for that ... I haven't been able to find an adaptor that does both ... or do you think I could use two adaptors?
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

Ken,

Take a look at this. Even comes with the sandwitch adapter.

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/15-Row-Oi...r-Kit.aspx

You put one sensor probe on the one side, your oil sensor on the other and the two front ports are for the cooler.

edit: nvm i misread that. you have to buy a separate adapter. It doesn't come with the kit.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
(06-19-2010, 10:36 AM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: Ken,

Take a look at this. Even comes with the sandwitch adapter.

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/15-Row-Oi...r-Kit.aspx

You put one sensor probe on the one side, your oil sensor on the other and the two front ports are for the cooler.

edit: nvm i misread that. you have to buy a separate adapter. It doesn't come with the kit.

I think you're on to something here ... the adaptor shown can accomodate not only the oil cooler, but two additional ports for oil temp and oil pressure ... it looks like they sell it separately for 38 bucks ... that might just do it.

Thanks Oscar ... if I can make it out for wings I'll buy you a pint. Cheers.

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/oil-coole...-20mm.aspx

Why use an adapter when theres a port at the back of the block for whatever you want?
It is 1/4" NPT I believe.

[Image: turbo_10.jpg]
(06-19-2010, 12:15 PM)hardk0re Wrote: Why use an adapter when theres a port at the back of the block for whatever you want?
It is 1/4" NPT I believe.

[Image: turbo_10.jpg]

My block is pretty narly - haven't power washed it yet ... might be covered up ... where exactly am I looking at ... are you talking about right behind the starter? I wouldn't have thought there'd be anything tapping into an oil channel at that location?

it actually would have been good to get at when the engine was out, but even when it is in, its not too difficult. Provided its not siezed.
(06-19-2010, 12:22 PM)hardk0re Wrote: it actually would have been good to get at when the engine was out, but even when it is in, its not too difficult. Provided its not siezed.

Engine's still out ... scheduled to go back in tomorrow, though. Having said that, I'm still not sure where to look for it ... is that line connected to it just behind the starter ... and is there oil under there?

Edit: N/M ... that's probably on oil feed to a turbo, right?

yep, its behind the motor right beside the starter. yes it was used for oil feed on my old turbo setup.