Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
K&n Drychargers
Anyone use drychargers on their cai? says they are for Personal Watercraft Flame Arrestors but was wondering if they can be used on automobile cai's as well to help keep the water from getting in. It's a bad time of year for getting water in my cai and if I accelerate too much, then my car ends up sputtering for a bit.

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product....=RX-4990DK
IIRC theres a guy over on FF with a rear-mount turbo Focus who uses one overtop of his intake filter since its underneath the car and had good reviews, said he got caught out in a huge rainstorm once and the filter stayed dry because of it
Sean- 1998.5 Black/Blue CSVT #5906

I know allot of guys used those with the long CAI that went into the bumper. IIRC the power gained from the cold air down there was lost in the work to suck the air throught the tubing all the way up to the intake.

If its that low that it can get wet, then for sure i'd stick one of those on, it can't hurt airflow that bad.
fatphocus,Mar 17 2009, 11:56 AM Wrote:IIRC theres a guy over on FF with a rear-mount turbo Focus who uses one overtop of his intake filter since its underneath the car and had good reviews, said he got caught out in a huge rainstorm once and the filter stayed dry because of it
[right][snapback]282847[/snapback][/right]

I've seen that thing, and for the life of me I can't understand why you'd put the turbo at the rear of the car. He had the same s/c as me originally too...
yah I have the K&N FIPK Cai and it goes right down to the bumper. I will have to order one of those then
Just ordered one from Carquest. $40 if anyone is ever thinking of getting one
Let us know how you make out , if it works Ill get one for my Jeep.
hardk0re,Mar 17 2009, 12:03 PM Wrote:
fatphocus,Mar 17 2009, 11:56 AM Wrote:IIRC theres a guy over on FF with a rear-mount turbo Focus who uses one overtop of his intake filter since its underneath the car and had good reviews, said he got caught out in a huge rainstorm once and the filter stayed dry because of it
[right][snapback]282847[/snapback][/right]

I've seen that thing, and for the life of me I can't understand why you'd put the turbo at the rear of the car. He had the same s/c as me originally too...
[right][snapback]282849[/snapback][/right]

keep engine bay temps down, easier instalation, less fab work. There's quite a few kits out there for many cars that have the rear mounted turbo.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]