Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Personal Lines Of Credit
When we were getting married we got a PLC at prime + 2% or something like that. Used it once for the wedding hall and paid it off after the 'big day'. CIBC has increased the limit over the past 6 years to $28K

Well I'm glad I haven't used it since as I just received a letter from CIBC stating that as of April 6 the rate will increase to prime + 3% due to the global market conditions. Meanwhile what are the banks getting their money for? An all-time low of 0.5% ?

The rich keep gettin' richer.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
Ah but you see, they justify the scam by saying things like "increased credit risk in the face of economic uncertainty" <_<

Meanwhile us poor schlubs that have to pay these obscene interest rates have to bend over & take it while the banks cherry pick who they will lend to.

NefCanuck
we just got the same letter.

We closed it last night. And they had the audacity to ask us why. :lol:
I've got a Homeline setup through RBC- mortgage and equity-based LoC all in one. My interest rate is decent and has gone down of late. I think they can't raise it (at least not immediately) due to the type of LoC I have.

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll keep an eye on the interest rate via online banking in the coming days/weeks.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 7 2009, 10:32 PM Wrote:I've got a Homeline setup through RBC- mortgage and equity-based LoC all in one. My interest rate is decent and has gone down of late. I think they can't raise it (at least not immediately) due to the type of LoC I have.

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll keep an eye on the interest rate via online banking in the coming days/weeks.
[right][snapback]282277[/snapback][/right]

My unsecured LC is still at 5% same as it was when I set it up 5 years ago but I actually haven't used it and so haven't bothered to demand a lower rate ... IIRC correctly it was based on prime +1.

My mortgage and equity LC are both currently just above 3% variable and I expect that to be coming down in the near term and I'm actually thinking of buying another income property - I think we're approaching the perfect storm for acquiring real property - low prices and incredibly low mortgage rates. Fortunately lenders here seem to have plenty of cash.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Yeah, I'm at 3.5% right now for the LoC side. I can think of worse rates to have than that. :)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Iteresting...
I got a letter in the mail couple of weeks ago from American Express stating that the economy is in poor shape so they had to lower my credit limit from $4,000 to #1,200 @ 19%. I was like wow and VISA has no problem with me having a card at $20,000 @6.3%. Some things in this world are a wonder. <_<
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Scorcher000,Mar 9 2009, 10:48 AM Wrote:Iteresting...
I got a letter in the mail couple of weeks ago from American Express stating that the economy is in poor shape so they had to lower my credit limit from $4,000 to #1,200 @ 19%. I was like wow and VISA has no problem with me having a card at $20,000 @6.3%. Some things in this world are a wonder. &lt;_&lt;
[right][snapback]282349[/snapback][/right]

keep in mind AMX has a smaller market share then Visa, and Visa is more widely accepted then AMX, and not to mention Visa has been around a long long time.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.