Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project: Subsonic update
So, I've been lacking in the updates department. Late March, right before I went to Chile for 2 weeks, I blew the slave cylinder / throwout out of my MTX-75. I was not a happy camper. Imagine my surprise when I found out that the Spec clutch kits came with new slaves / throwouts!

So, I set about to ordering a new Spec Stage 3 6-puck clutch kit when I got back from Santiago. I picked it up yesterday. Now, I just need to install the "new" SVT front suspension that I got from Kev and then do the clutch swap. After that, the 4-2-1 header goes on with the high-flow cat and then the new tires go onto the factory 16s that I have.

Once that's done, it's off for a full body refresh and repaint. After that, it gets a bit of a break, maybe a few car shows after some window tint is done and underhood cleanup is done.

Fall planning - BIG rebuild. Likely a second block. High-comp pistons. Lumpy, angry cams. High-speed valvetrain. Port over all the gear that I have on / will have on soon - 2000 IM, ported TB, header, hi-flow cat, 25% UDP, etc etc. Retune with Randy (FSWerks) in the spring for 91 octane and optimize for all buidl work / mods. Then, dyno. Re-tune as needed. DONE.

I'm taking my time, because it's not a fiscal priority for me right now. I'd rather pay down debt and enjoy my weekends at the lake. This is my "after work" project car until it's rolling again / gets painted. Then, it's my "around town" summer daily driver until the snow flies - wherein it gets tarped / winterized and left until spring.

Also, attaching a pic of the new clutch.

Yes, it's not "the most power" I could get out of it. I may also switch gears after the body is done and take up the Zetec turbo kit from FSWerks with a fresher, rebuilt block as well. Time will tell, I'm in no rush.

Finally, I get to re-acquaint myself with first-gens, do a rebuild and really, really enjoy the car. I'm happy. Automotive nirvana, for me anyway.

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG00233-20110524-1535.jpg (Size: 339.91 KB / Downloads: 40)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Passenger side suspension install is done, need to do the driver's side tonight. Then it goes across the road to get the clutch done. Then, tires mounted on the 16" aluminum rims and get the front wheel bearings checked out. After that, header and hi-flow install.

Thinking I might take a week off and really give it s**t.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
So... the car is now fully SVT-spec for suspension (as far as I know). It's on the 16" steelies with the Fuzion HRis on them for now - going to swap the HRis to the OEM 16" 5-spokes I have after the clutch is done.

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG00245-20110527-2012.jpg (Size: 364.8 KB / Downloads: 9)

So... I've updated my sig. By tomorrow, it'll be 100% accurate.

funny, I updated my sig too... v2.0 now with ROUNDED corners Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Turbo Project Update SmokeBCBuDZ 57 16,896 02-07-2008, 06:06 AM
Last Post: SmokeBCBuDZ