Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X3 for SVT no more
dont know if anyone knows about this yet or for how long its been like this, but fswerks no longer carries the x3 flasher for the SVT, only the Livewire variant. These are the email exchanges i had with Fswerks:

me:hello, i was just checking out your site for SCT flashers and notcied that the X3 is no longer offered for the SVT and the only option is the new Livewire device. Im just wondering if its a typo on the site, or do i really need to dish out an extra $130 for something that does essentally the same thing?

Fswerks:It is correct. We've just had too many customers get stranded with the X3 on their SVT. Towing costs, dealer costs, the inconvenience... we don't want to continue to put our customers thru that. SCT isn't able to make it as reliable as we need it to be. So we've moved away from the X3 on the SVT and only use the LiveWire for that car now so neither party has to deal with the issues.

me:Well thats a different story all together then and is deff something worth mentioning on the site. At first glance I felt I was going to have to pay a premium for no other reason then it being an SVT, but if it corrects major issues and is much more reliable then the X3 flasher is im all for it and obviously would have no issue paying a little more.

Fswerks:Yeah, the thing is we can't really word it in any other way that doesn't throw SCT under the bus. They know about the issues and so do we. Until they take an official stand and put something on their site, we'll most likely just leave it alone.

Just thought the community should know Big Grin
You might be able to get an xcal2 still somewhere that might work.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
i've had countless issues flashing my svt...thankfully none left me stranded or with a toasted computer.
Props to FSWerks for giving solid reasons for pulling the product AND having a viable alternative for their customers!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I've never had a problem flashing the tunes my SVT with my original dinosaur Xcal...maybe newer tech isn't always better?
Token Western Canadian
(07-08-2011, 01:34 AM)SVT ZX3 Wrote: I've never had a problem flashing the tunes my SVT with my original dinosaur Xcal...maybe newer tech isn't always better?

Then you're the guy to ask ... my XCal2 programs my Zetec in just about 60 seconds ... I was told that the SVT took 20 minutes - any truth to that?
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *