Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focus Feels Loose...
The car is 4 years old 105,000Km on it. No specs. I judge it by the ware on my tires, that is what your taught as a wheel installer. My tires have been running flat and warering at a even pace. Like I've been saying before the susp is crap on it and is going to be changed soon. I can hear the front struts knocking around more and more everyday. And no it's not my linkage I had those done around 80,000KM.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

I think the point that was trying to be made was that even though your alignment may be on spec...it may not be good for handling. The manufacturer has to come to a compromise between handling, comfort and tire wear. Something usually has to lose. Btw, even though you may be a tire tech, in my many years of being a certified mechanic, i have put countless vehicles up on an alignment rack that showed the alignment off, even though there was no tell tale signs of tire wear. Reading tires is a great tool, but it will never replace an alignment rack.

Scorcher000,Feb 26 2009, 11:09 PM Wrote:The car is 4 years old 105,000Km on it. No specs. I judge it by the ware on my tires, that is what your taught as a wheel installer. My tires have been running flat and warering at a even pace. Like I've been saying before the susp is crap on it and is going to be changed soon. I can hear the front struts knocking around more and more everyday. And no it's not my linkage I had those done around 80,000KM.
[right][snapback]281781[/snapback][/right]
Oh I totally understand that the machine would show something flawed in the car, but it drives straight and fine for now. The back end has always streched out when I drop it from a floor jack in the middle. I know it's independant but it always looked like I had an extra 400lbs in the back (looking at the back end of the car)
Hopefully the difference will be big when I get the suspesion in it.
Eibach Pro Dampers (Struts/Shocks)
Eiback Pro Lower Springs
Eiback Sway Bars
Eiback Inside Mid Sway Bar
Focus Sport Front Sway Bar (A Arm)
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified

^^what is an inside mid sway bar? Ive never heard of one?
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Canadian ST,Mar 2 2009, 10:58 AM Wrote:^^what is an inside mid sway bar? Ive never heard of one?
[right][snapback]281989[/snapback][/right]

Rear strut tower brace?
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Dam it...
The site I was looking at it, a couple of months ago, pulled it off. It bolts to the inside of the car inbehind the front seats and down on the floor to keep the mid of the car from flexing. I wish I could find a pic of it. It was only like $120.00. But it was a maybe anyways.

^^OK got you, I’ve seen that bar before. I could understand a chassis brace,that thing takes up space inside the car, kind of looks like a conversational piece then something useful.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]