Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
timing belt and acc serpentine belt
i am hearing squeal more often than before.
i think this sqquealing happens when engine is cold and weather is wet.

so..should i do just serpentine belt and tensioner or timing belt at the same time?
my car is looking at around 150000km which is around 93000miles.

does anybody know how much will it cost to get that done?
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
to do timing belt, tb tensioner, idler, acc. belt and acc tensioner I think your close to 2 bills for that. Then labour unsure what they charge labour wise.

I have the timing tools if you wanted to tackle it yourself.
i m not confident to mess around engine.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
(08-04-2011, 12:09 PM)konafocuswrc Wrote: i m not confident to mess around engine.

There's a few companies out there that make serpentine belt kits that include new idlers and tensioners etc for a pretty good package price.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
damn it!
i got onto 427 off finch heading south, throttle cable snapped in half.
ended up pay $100 for tow to shop but no dealer have this cable in stock, takes 3 business days to get it.
and another $250 for labour, are they kidding me?
since when 1 min job cost $250?
i had to call taxi $60 and 20 mins of walking to my home.

i am going to pull out cable from kona and replace myself.
never get a deal at the dealers....if you figure that they have these huge buildings to pay for and mechanics who take home a good amount of money, then thats why they need to charge this much because at the end of the day ppl gotta get paid.

but still 250 to replace a throttle cable is a little steep.
Sorry I didn't see you on the way back to my hotel. But I'm not surprised the cable snapped. Something has to give when you're putting your foot through the floor boards. :p
i just went down to my old kona and pulled whole cable from pedal to throttle body took me around 60 seconds.
and cable assy from my kona looks brand new.

cable snapped not near firewall, it snapped 1.5 inches away from throttle body, previous owner must have done something wrong.
probably he used snip to pull cable out or something, dont see why it needed though.

dealership might ask more for labour, this quote is from small garage.

i wanted to get lighter full sized crank pulley from massive or cfm but i will have to pull ford racing one off from kona, i think i have shorter serpentine belt somewhere.
Leo I you wait a little bit I'll be parting out my 01 and I have cfm udps on there... If you can wait a bit!
07 ST 23D • MBRP 2.25 cat-back • cfm 67mm TB • K&n Typhoon • Massive poly dogbone insert • Massive BSD • FRPP Dynamic springs & struts • carbon fibre shift boot & brake boot • SVT HVAC controls • steeda short throw shifter • Tinted w/ brow • SOON TO BE BOOSTED •
sorry to hear about your issues leo,

but yeah you should do all your belts, and plugs and wires as it's recommended to be done at the 160,000Km mark anyways. my mechainc in guelph I think charged me $200 with the labour to do all that, plus an oil change and check of all the fluids.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
replaced throttle cable off from kona, not sure if there is difference length btw atx and mtx, now gas feels bit of tension to it when i do wot.
anyway, that was qucik 1 min job.

$200 parts and labour for timing belt kit?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Timing Belt Replacement hotwiseguy 19 8,426 09-05-2008, 11:32 PM
Last Post: oldeguy
  Timing Belt SmokeBCBuDZ 6 2,577 03-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Last Post: SmokeBCBuDZ
  Timing Belt Change - Cam's Too? Alec Brandon 3 1,823 07-23-2007, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Flofocus
  Udp Belt Size? Casper 2 1,612 06-06-2006, 06:58 AM
Last Post: Casper