Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Wont Start
my car wont start normally, I'm supposed to press the clutch pedal in than turn the key but nothing happens except the dash lights up. I looked by the pedal and theres a grey rubber piece thats part of the pedal and I believe it's supposed to push down on the sensor piece as I push the clutch pedal down in order to start the car.

I tried pushing the pedal down with my hand and that rubber piece isn't pushing the sensor piece down and when I held the sensor piece down with my finger and turned the key, the car started up. I think I'm missing something on the clutch pedal to help the grey rubber piece make contact.

can someone that has a 5spd. please help me out? :(
I don't have an answer but congrats on getting her started B)
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
Duct tape and wood :lol:
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

lol thanks.... i guess its my new kill switch :blink:

actually i figured out that the contact isn't being made, i must have pushed the sensor back from wiring up new gauges
Ya s*** ussually happens after we mess with stuff. If it an't broke don't fix it. But I say don't fix it upgrade it :D
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

exactly.... upgrade with a turbo and gauges haahaha :P
Are we going to get a taste of that ?? :)
ya when the weather gets warmer and when the car is properly tuned