Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tire Change
Hey.
I'm looking to buy 4 new tires, i am looking for something the will grip in the rain but also good tread wear. I know i should pick one or the other but treadwear is more what i am looking for but some grip would be nice.

So i did some research and found a few websites, but because i have no idea what i'm reading and don't know if these reviews are bull or not i was wondering if anyone had any input about some tires i found.

I checked out tirerack.com and found a few tires.
1. general altimax HP-83.00
2. Kumho Ecsta AST- 59.00
3. General Exclaim VHP-71.00

I checked out vulcan tire.
4. Mastercraft avenger HP-70.00 or ZHP-75.00
5. Falken FK 452-79.00
6. Falken FK 451-70

My tire size is 205/50/16
I plan on getting these tires cheap by taking some advise on a fourm i read, getting the tire shipped somewhere in the states cuz they are cheaper. driving down and them installed there.

So if you could give me some feedback on which tire i should try out.
thanks
[SIZE=x-small][COLOR=gray][FONT=Arial][I] Killa Cam ST
i got nexan tires, they were 89 installed on the car, not bad i suppose. they're really good in the rain, treadwear is good i drive them pretty hard and they arent showing many signs of wear. also the grip isnt that bad either, i likem a lot. i got them from factory tire in rexdale. same size as you too.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
i heard general exclaim is quite good for the price..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
konafocuswrc,Jul 8 2008, 05:32 PM Wrote:i heard general exclaim is quite good for the price..
[right][snapback]268319[/snapback][/right]
funny you say that...today at the lights RSX Type S pulled up and i saw those tires on it and was wondering if they were any good
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Spinal,Jul 8 2008, 02:59 PM Wrote:i got nexan tires, they were 89 installed on the car, not bad i suppose. they're really good in the rain, treadwear is good i drive them pretty hard and they arent showing many signs of wear. also the grip isnt that bad either, i likem a lot. i got them from factory tire in rexdale. same size as you too.
[right][snapback]268302[/snapback][/right]

What nexan tire did you get?
[SIZE=x-small][COLOR=gray][FONT=Arial][I] Killa Cam ST
I have a set of Maxxis MA-Z1's and they are awesome in the rain. very quiet tire and I haven't noticed any tread wear yet although I've only had them a month.
I have the general altimax HP's on my car. they are very good in the rain
2005 ZX4 ST - Stock
Just put on Goodyear F1 DS??? and they are amazing in the rain. Expensive tires, but worth the bang for my wife's safety. And not in a friggin Focus!!!!

You looking at $199 a tire.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tire Recommendation For The Season Change (winter) paolo 20 7,187 11-15-2005, 11:26 PM
Last Post: ANTHONYD