Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really Dumb Question
I had a Foglight bulb blow last night, in the fog! :o Looked up the pinned post today for light bulbs, Thanks Frost_2001. Whats the difference between the 899 bulb and the 893 bulb? My local Canadian Tire is out of the 899s.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
i dont think there is a diff. Sometime the top part of the fog light has a little film/shade so the light doesnt shine stright on. But in our cars that wouldnt matter. Just make sure you dont buy the other style, the wire is too short and you have to pull it to get it in. You can also do a search in FJ, i know bunch of ppl run 893's instead of 899's.

[Image: 893_894_diff.jpg]
as long as you get the stright one rather then angle one you should be ok. Just make sure you stay away from 894's or anything that has the angle plugs.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

Wattage. 893 is 35 watts 899 is 37 watts. Not much difference but there is a little bit.
No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like
i runn 899 silverstars in the fogs, not too many problems other than the fact that silverstars are hit and miss on wether they burn out. luckily i work at canadian tire and gave them a personal liftime warranty :P
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ok...dumb Question girard.k 3 1,370 10-29-2007, 12:23 PM
Last Post: girard.k