Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car And Driver Announces 10 Best Cars Awards
Car and Driver announces 10 Best Cars awards
December 4, 2007
Source: Car and Driver

Ann Arbor, Michigan - Car and Driver has announced the winners of its 26th annual 10 Best Cars sold in America list. General Motors made a strong showing with three models, while other domestic carmakers dropped off the list.

In alphabetical order, with the number of times each model has made the list, the 2008 winners are the BMW 3 Series (17), Cadillac CTS (1), Chevrolet Corvette (14), Chevrolet Malibu (1), Honda Accord (22), Honda Fit (2), Mazda MX-5 (9), Mazdaspeed3 (2), Porsche Boxster/Cayman (9) and the Volkswagen GTI (3).

"The increased competition between domestic and foreign manufacturers has created a tougher annual contest, but the eight repeat winners deserve accolades for continuing to deliver outstanding quality, performance, value and driver satisfaction," said editor-in-chief Csaba Csere. "Last year, we saw a return of the small car to the list. This year, the strong showing by General Motors proves that the company's stable management and consistent strategy is really starting to pay off. For the new Chevy Malibu to make our lists demonstrates that, for the first time in about twenty years, GM can compete with the likes of Toyota and Honda in the important family sedan segment."

I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Almost ALL of those cars were a surprise for me. :S
The Cayman is the only one on my 6/49 list. I'm actually too big to drive it but love to look at it. I was sitting in my parked car waiting for something and there was a dark grey Cayman parked across the street...the more I looked at it the more I liked. Then I noticed that every guy,young & old, had to stop and look even if the wife kept walking :)
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
I'm only suprised by the Fit and the Miata. Every other vehicle on that list that I've read about has gotten excellent reviews. The new 3 series, particularly the 330i every journalist raves over, and the new CTS has been called the best luxury car ever produced by NA. And who doesn't love a powerful sporty hatchback (MS3/GTI)?