Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tires - All Season
HEYY...TIME TO CHANGE THE TIRES ON MY CAR... 2005 FOCUS ZX5 SES.....P205/50R16 WAS JUST WONDERING IF I CAN GET SOME SUGGESTION REGARDING GOOD TIRE TO PUT ONTHIS CAR.....RIGHT NOW IM LOOKIN A BFG'S TRACTION T/A V RATED FOR 665$ AND FUZIONS HRI FOR $600....IM CURRENTLY REPLACING MY PIRRILLI P6'S WHICH LASTED ME 50,000KMS....I WANT SOMEHIGN THAT WILL GIVE ME GOOD TREAD LIFE AND PREFORM WELL IN SNOW AND RAIN....PLS FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST AND LET ME KNOW IF ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY HOOKUPS ON TIRES OR DEALS FOR THIS SIZE.....LOCATION EAST TORONTO...THNKS A LOT!
I'll shill yet again for the Nokian WR All Season 2 tires. Expensive buggers at $180 per tire but the things are H speed rated for summer driving, severe service winter rated and warrantied for 6 years / 100,000km...

These things saved my bacon going into and out of Wiarton during the groundhog day festivities this year :P

NefCanuck
All Seasons = No Seasons PERIOD.

Nothing compares to a good set of winter tires, and a good set of summer tires.

Higher initial cost, but better performance.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
well it depends on where you live, if you live in the GTA, you don't really need winter tires much, but anywhere outside of Toronto & Vancouver, I'd recommend getting a set of winter tires depending on your area / driving habbits.

If your in the GTA I'd call the Tire Discounter in Brampton as they can get you a good set of tires cheaper the most places in or out of the GTA, I saved over $400 on tires earlier this year, and after dealing with them over the years, I never had an issue with the tires in the snow & ice outside the GTA.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Good All-Season Tires would include the Bridgestone Potenza RE G009...the Fuzion HRi's were based off of these, but the G009's are rated a little higher overall, moreso in the snow. My dad has had 2x sets of these on his V6 5spd 2-Dr Topaz, and they work fantastic!

Besides that, I'd get something like Blizzaks for the winter, and get something like the Fuzion ZRi or something else for summer duty.
Bleeding Ford Blue again...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tires--all Season Or Winters ZX5focused 13 3,401 12-30-2005, 01:14 PM
Last Post: nass