Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very Concerned About Paint On Doors, Sills
Hi guys. I bought a used 2005 ZX4ST a couple of months ago. It had 40000kms on it when we got it and already have another 10000 on it. I never noticed when we bought it because it was raining and freshly waxed but at the rear doors on the bottom and back the paint is noticeably faded. It is happening also behind the front and rear tires. It is very noticeable because the car is black.
I DID notice the sills on the bottom had paint completely gone from debris off the tires and dealer said he'd fix it my next oil change. I doubt they will fix the doors though.
ANybody else have this problem and what did they do to fix it and prevent it?
Mudflaps may stop damage behind the tires but this is happening in front of the tires also. I'll try and post a picture to show what I am seeing tonight.
i have a 05 zx3 with the same problem.
i was at the dealers yesterday and the body guy said they wouldnt cover it under my warranty, because its considered normal road ware :angry:

im gonna try at a couple more dealerships and hopefully get something done about it, before my warranty is up.
Here's what you do (and PM me for MSN addy if you want to talk further):

Take it to a bodyshop of your choice (Ford fixed both of mine flawlessly).

Tell them you want the rear doors rehung so that the trailing door edge isn't inside the rear dogleg edge. Then get the rear doglegs resprayed and have clear 3M protective tape put on for good measure.

Problem solved. :D
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
There's a recent thread about this very same thing ... don't have time to search on it, but both NOS2GO4ME and I posted in it ... if the wear is on the front edge of the door, then you need the door realigned and that should be warranty ... if the wear is on the leading edge of the dog leg that's a bit more normal, however you should check the alignment of the door in front of it to make sure it's not "inset" too far and exposing too much of that edge.

If you live in an area that's very dusty or you're on gravel roads a lot, you may want to consider some way to protect those areas.

2FST4U,Aug 1 2007, 03:02 PM Wrote:Hi guys. I bought a used 2005 ZX4ST a couple of months ago. It had 40000kms on it when we got it and already have another 10000 on it. I never noticed when we bought it because it was raining and freshly waxed but at the rear doors on the bottom and back the paint is noticeably faded. It is happening also behind the front and rear tires. It is very noticeable because the car is black.
I DID notice the sills on the bottom had paint completely gone from debris off the tires and dealer said he'd fix it my next oil change. I doubt they will fix the doors though.
ANybody else have this problem and what did they do to fix it and prevent it?
Mudflaps may stop damage behind the tires but this is happening in front of the tires also. I'll try and post a picture to show what I am seeing tonight.
[right][snapback]245370[/snapback][/right]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
*points at his last post* :P

*waits for administrative bitchslap* :ph34r:

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I assume you're talkin' to me.

10 minutes - give me a fawkin break here ... as Meford pointed out, I'm typing slower these days.

You comin' to the BBQ - let's chat.

NOS2Go4Me,Aug 3 2007, 11:41 AM Wrote:*points at his last post* :P

*waits for administrative bitchslap* :ph34r:
[right][snapback]245628[/snapback][/right]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Yup, we'll be there man.