Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steeda Sri
Hay quick question, I get my Steeda SRI on Monday are they easy to put on?
Ive heard that you have to diconnect the battery to reset the computer?
What tools do I need? I have the basic stuff.
Your help would be helpful

Thankx
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
I just had an intake install last week. I'm not sure if it would make a difference, I have a Zetec engine, and the battery wasn't disconnected during the install, and there wasn't a problem, other than a lot more sound coming from the engine, better low end torque, and a better feel to the car. Your gas mileage will go down, because you'll like the sound of your engine as it accelerates. If you disconnect the battery, you'll have to go through the procedure of the computer relearning the way to work. Personally, I'd not disconnect it, and see how it drives. If it lousy, then, disconnect the battery for a bit.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Here's one vote FOR disconnecting the battery. The engine really benefits from re-learning the airflow maps from the new intake. Even on my SPI I noticed a difference in response and driveability from not having pulled the negative cable to actually disconnecting it for 10-15 minutes and then re-seating it.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
oldeguy,Jun 2 2007, 05:42 PM Wrote:I just had an intake install last week. I'm not sure if it would make a difference, I have a Zetec engine, and the battery wasn't disconnected during the install, and there wasn't a problem, other than a lot more sound coming from the engine, better low end torque, and a better feel to the car. Your gas mileage will   go down, because you'll like the sound of your engine as it accelerates. If you disconnect the battery, you'll have to go through the procedure of the computer relearning the way to work. Personally, I'd not disconnect it, and see how it drives. If it lousy, then, disconnect the battery for a bit.
[right][snapback]240343[/snapback][/right]

Well If I get more low end torque I will be very happy!!! I got this car because of the driving I have to do (18'000km in 4 months) so it had to be good on gas, what sold me was the fact you don't have to rev the crap out of the car to get power from it, if I get more torque I will be very impressed. As far as disconnecting the battery I was told its the proper way to do things.

On a different note,
Is there any quick tips to hooking up the Steeda SRI?

Thanks
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Ok I finally got my Steeda SRI and it was so simple to instal!? It took longer to get all of the tools together then to put it on, I diconected the battery after but didnt notice any difference? Well I have to say the sri has given my engine new life between 5000-6000 rpm. I love the sound it makes when you stomp on the gas :P Its nice to when I just put around like an old man its not loud. This has been the best $300 I have spent in years.

Next exhaust, then tune.
Yeah the Steeda SRI really helps the car to breathe, not as well as a CAI would, but if you're like me and paranoid about sucking water into your engine, its the way to go.

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jul 21 2007, 10:43 PM Wrote:Yeah the Steeda SRI really helps the car to breathe, not as well as a CAI would, but if you're like me and paranoid about sucking water into your engine, its the way to go.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]244545[/snapback][/right]
yah Ive heard of people hydrolocking and althought its a slim chance its still not worth it. I was also told that with cai you should remove them in the winter because the can freeze up easier. Well Im happy with the Steeda :D I dont know what to do next swaybars or exhaust? I want more speed but handiling upgrades are good to :blink:
Canadian ST,Jul 21 2007, 10:04 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jul 21 2007, 10:43 PM Wrote:Yeah the Steeda SRI really helps the car to breathe, not as well as a CAI would, but if you're like me and paranoid about sucking water into your engine, its the way to go.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]244545[/snapback][/right]
yah Ive heard of people hydrolocking and althought its a slim chance its still not worth it. I was also told that with cai you should remove them in the winter because the can freeze up easier. Well Im happy with the Steeda :D I dont know what to do next swaybars or exhaust? I want more speed but handiling upgrades are good to :blink:
[right][snapback]244547[/snapback][/right]

Exhaust will free up more ponies, doing the exhaust and the SRI netted me an extra seven ponies at the wheels. That may not seem like much, but those extra ponies and the fact they come on command helps a lot, done a Focus Sport tune with an Xcal2 and I'm likely over the 120 HP mark at the wheels, which for an automatic Duratec 2.0 is damn good.

NefCanuck
+1 for the exhaust.....
Nef said he gained 7 ponies from a combo of exhaust and sri....but u'll gain a bit more.....i'd say at least 10-12whp, thats cuz u have 2.3L and they respond a bit better to mods

cheers
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Seeing as FocusSport gets 10-12 WHP with a full CAI on the 2.3L Duratec, I'd say 7-9 is reasonable for a SRI on the 2.3L. Add in a 2.5" exhaust and you'll probably bolt up 5-7 more WHP. These damn engines just want to breathe!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.