Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mbrp Exhaust
Has anyone tried to bold the 2.5" MBRP exhaust to a stock (non-SVT) focus?

I will definately be ordering a MBRP exhaust and need to know if I go for the slightly bigger diameter is any modifications will be need due to the size increase.
Yellow 2000 ZX3 - Tinted Windows, SVT Air Intake, MBRP Exhaust, NewEdge Performance 2.25" Flex Pipe, Focus Sport UDP, SVT Bumper, Ford Racing 9MM Wires, K&N Filter, XCal2 ECU Upgrade, Shorty Antenna, Ported Throttle Body
190,000 KM (120,000 Miles) and counting!
Just call them and ask them directly. Ask for Lorraine, she's the sport compact advisor. Jeff's good too, he's on their SEMA team.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
You really don't need 2 1/2 unless your going FI. 2 1/4 does me just fine for my ZX3.
O3 ZX3: Drl-to-drf Mod, Racing mirrors, Shorty antenna, B&M short shifter, Focus Sport 4-1 race header, Focus Sport front strut stabilizer, MBRP cat back, RaceCraft springs, Eibach Pro dampners and struts, RaceCraft 25mm rear stabilizer, Hella lights, Core Racing 17"s.
VF Supercharger Kit (Stage 2)

"I usually don't do this type of work." "I thought you were a professional driver?" "A different kind of driving.".
i've just bolted it up when i installed..not too much to it...
smith21,Apr 9 2007, 07:14 PM Wrote:i've just bolted it up when i installed..not too much to it...
[right][snapback]234007[/snapback][/right]
Did u bolt a MBRP 2.5" (SVT) exhaust to a standard Focus (2.25" )?

I email Lorraine to ask her and she didn't know. She said they have never tested that setup to seee if it would match up.

BTW, I am original from Sudbury :blink: , grew up in the Valley, have been in Ottawa now for 7 years...
Yellow 2000 ZX3 - Tinted Windows, SVT Air Intake, MBRP Exhaust, NewEdge Performance 2.25" Flex Pipe, Focus Sport UDP, SVT Bumper, Ford Racing 9MM Wires, K&N Filter, XCal2 ECU Upgrade, Shorty Antenna, Ported Throttle Body
190,000 KM (120,000 Miles) and counting!
Actually, the Duratecs seem to gain nicely over the 2.25" with the 2.5" exhaust. I wish I had known this before buying the 2.25" as I would have bought the larger exhaust.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 10 2007, 02:04 PM Wrote:Actually, the Duratecs seem to gain nicely over the 2.25" with the 2.5" exhaust. I wish I had known this before buying the 2.25" as I would have bought the larger exhaust.
[right][snapback]234065[/snapback][/right]

Yeah but he doesn't have a Duratec. :P
O3 ZX3: Drl-to-drf Mod, Racing mirrors, Shorty antenna, B&M short shifter, Focus Sport 4-1 race header, Focus Sport front strut stabilizer, MBRP cat back, RaceCraft springs, Eibach Pro dampners and struts, RaceCraft 25mm rear stabilizer, Hella lights, Core Racing 17"s.
VF Supercharger Kit (Stage 2)

"I usually don't do this type of work." "I thought you were a professional driver?" "A different kind of driving.".
i have 2.5" MBRP, i could feel that i lost some backpressure..
anyway, after getting all svt setup, now seems like they are good..
but i did this because i m getting FI later.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New MBRP exhaust! MuskokaZX3 8 3,333 04-16-2011, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Focus man. Focus.
  Mbrp Exhaust torradan 11 3,741 03-26-2006, 02:20 AM
Last Post: djrard
  Mbrp Exhaust & Shorty Header habmann 2 1,795 03-21-2005, 03:11 PM
Last Post: FociS8nt