Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To Make A Dump Quiet?
ok so Ive been working on this boosted civic... we have an external dump off the waste gate... it's so retardedly loud... and takes awy from it's sleeper like tendancys... Ie a rust bucket with a "farmers feed citys" sticker....

has any one heard of puting a fat resonator on a dump?.. it's relativly small tubing... so I am wondering if I put like a 3" resonator on it if it will quiet it without restricting it?

no any one who has done it? I don't really want to plum an electric flaper to re-circ the dump into the main exhast and open to atmosphere in a serious situation..

[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
who cares about how loud it is , it only opens when ur at full boost, by then everyone already knows you have a turbo by the sound of spool. if anything the but it back into the exhast or just pull the piping all the way to the back of the car. there is no point in getting fancy with it.

i have a open dump pipe on my car and i like it, i love when people on the side of the road jump when it opens.

if your going for ultimate performance recirculate the dumpand get a 2.5" cutout.
[Image: forumn-stuffcopy.jpg]
Just dump it into the exhaust and pipe in a bypass for serious off-road performance... hell, if you have an exhaust on the car, you're losing the performance there, not from where you dump the wastegate.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

ok all valid points... thanks

but for just for clarity not offence.

my question is "would it make it quieter"? not "should I do it"?

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
im running into the saem thing with my open dump on the focus. its not the volume of the dumb its the pulsing sound it make when it opens. im gonna try a res on it. ill let you know what happens.
Turbo Kit For sale. Bills SUCK.
bigman,May 7 2007, 03:51 PM Wrote:im running into the saem thing with my open dump on the focus.  its not the volume of the dumb its the pulsing sound it make when it opens.  im gonna try a res on it.  ill let you know what happens.
[right][snapback]237643[/snapback][/right]

ah ha! I love learning from other peoples mistakes.. it's so much cheaper lol...

thanks man let me know

ill only run a 1.5" res IF i do it. i think im gonna thou. joel on the other hand LOVES it. it wouldnt be so bad if i didnt hit 7psi so quick.
Turbo Kit For sale. Bills SUCK.