Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Med School
Way back at the begining of the school year, I posted something telling you all that I was applying to med school. I had hoped that this post would be written under different circumstances, and that I would be warning you all that I would be in Hamilton interviewing at McMaster come March... but... alas, my application did not stand out in the crowd of some 5000 + people applying for 140 spots.

So... I didn't make it :(

But... I will be re-applying next year. By then I will have the masters degree under my belt and hopefully some bigger and brighter life experiences.

Just thought I would keep you updated :)
Does a shorty anntena count as a mod?? Wink
2006 ZX5 UV red with SAP package

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the universe"
yea, im gunna be going to Mcmaster next year for mechanical engineering, or social science if they dont accept me for engineering
[Image: forumn-stuffcopy.jpg]
thats sad to here

whats your plan now that you haven't been accepted?
'03 Focus SVT
I'm going to finish my masters (which I would have had to drop out of if I got accepted). I'm doing a joint masters in biophysical science and cognitive/behavioural neuroscience.

Once that's done, and if I still don't get in, I'll go ahead and do my PhD in either motor control or something to do with neurotoxins... I'm not sure yet.

It's kind of disappointing (really disappointing actually)... but 'tis life. If med doesn't work out, I'll find something else.

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the universe"
Chin up sweetie.

I got denied into art school my first try as well.

It was insentive to try harder to get in the next year. I did some of my best work that year. :)
ZX5chica,Feb 12 2007, 10:49 PM Wrote:alas, my application did not stand out in the crowd of some 5000 + people applying for 140 spots.
[right][snapback]226636[/snapback][/right]
Same thing happened to my sister way back. Now she is a 'scientist' down in San Francisco with Nektar Therapeutics, making tonnes of cash, and loving everything about it. Funny how life works out. Best of luck. I guess Quenn's is even more picky?
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
Sorry to hear they didn't accept you yet. Just keep in mind that things happen for a reason, maybe something phenomenal will happen for you this year that you would have missed out on if they'd accepted you to start this year. Keep working at it and I'm sure you will succeed.
No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like
Thanks a lot for all of the encouragement guys. It means a lot to me :)

Sorry to hear that you got turned down, but look on the up side, you can finish the schooling that you're currently in and it looks even better when you apply next time.

NefCanuck
I'm sending you a hug.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
You'll get there. I started out in life as a tow truck dispatcher... for 4 years!

We all make our own roads when we just keep at it.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
meford4u,Feb 13 2007, 05:16 PM Wrote:I'm sending you a hug.
[right][snapback]226750[/snapback][/right]

take it easy big guy thats harrassment
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
As said, stick with it and I'm sure it will all work out in your favour. You seem to have a very flexible attitude about it, so no doubt you will end up with a career you'll love!
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
DD1,Feb 14 2007, 08:59 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Feb 13 2007, 05:16 PM Wrote:I'm sending you a hug.
[right][snapback]226750[/snapback][/right]

take it easy big guy thats harrassment
[right][snapback]226949[/snapback][/right]
You need more than a hug. Stop bi and I'll take care of you :P
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
^^^^^ Alright some big man loving
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]