Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Years Fitness Checkup!
tippmann,Jan 10 2007, 09:27 PM Wrote:i would like to try and gain some weight not to much ho maybe like 40 lbs, but im having a really hard time...have tried the weight gainner shakes and things but can't do it.. looks like i will have to buy another tub of that stuff and try agian
[right][snapback]222931[/snapback][/right]

LOL, Try the Mc Donald's Diet for 30 days lol............. :lol:
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Just carb up like a mofo on every meal plus weight gains, which is basically the same thing, just in all seriousness watch your trans fat intake and cholesterol levels. If that doesn't work and you NEED to gain weight, ask your doctor to check into your thyroid, thyroid problems work both ways, gain and lose weight.
No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like
lol i have done the Mcd's thing , burger king and just about every fast food place there is. i have asked the doctor about gaining weight but he just told me its really hard to do..got to eat like 6 times a day plus the shakes
Interior
Jvc headunit, , Kicker Zx 1000.1, 2 12" Kicker comp VR, Diamond plate floor mats

Power mods
FRPP spark plug wires, Volant CAI
I figured I'd resurrect this worthy topic with something of an update.

We finally received our call to join the fitness center at the local military base. These guys (22 Wing) have some really nice gear! The sports gymnasium is huge, the pool is a good size too and the workout equipment is always well maintained.

So, after a few sessions, I can happily get in 30-40 minutes of weight training and 30 minutes of cardio (more if I'm on the treadmill jogging).

My workout weights are pretty much back to where they were before I wrenched my back and the pain is largely gone. It feels good to be back at my old level of fitness. By "old level" I mean approximately 10 years ago!

Anyone else want to "weigh" in? :P
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
well, it's about a week before the official weigh-in of my challenge with a buddy ($650 on the line this time).. but I've dropped 14 lbs, bringing me back to my summer weight, and my strength is slowly going up..

strength indicators (max single rep - all free wieghts):
flat bench press: 285lbs
squat: 310lbs
wide grip chinups: 1 unassisted (hey, I still weigh nearly 300 lbs!!)
dips: 15 unassisted
deadlift: 225 lbs (4 reps)
dumbell Shoulder press: 95lbs/arm

mood and energy wise, I'm in a good place. I'm at where I was at in spring of last year, and I have 4 months before summer..

I'm still targetting on dropping another 35-40lbs of fat by summer. I am indeed ahead of my goals.

When summer hits, the weightloss goals will stay (10lbs/mo), but will probably shift away from weight training to concentrate on training for a 24 hour race or something for fall.

I'm not sure what it is, but I've been able to drop weight and train pretty well before, but for some reason, everything seems easier this time around. I think I've finally found the sweet spot for making progress without denying myself horrendously.

also have a doc's appointment next week to start regular checkups during all this.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Good for all of you!

As for me, I'm keeping with the same routine, but I wouldn't mind starting to lift a bit more consistently.

I'll be able to give real values soon enough... I've got an underwater weighing (body density aka. body fat %) test coming up soon.
Does a shorty anntena count as a mod?? Wink
2006 ZX5 UV red with SAP package

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the universe"
i go to the gym everyday . YMCA. 2 hours at the gym no spent problem that includes dry sauna, hot tub and shower...started 2 weeks ago.....vitamins and protain shackes are also been consumed with the work out.
don't forget to eat right....its all worthless if u don't eat right...forget about the junk food of any kind

from protain shackes i recommend "Muscle Juice" 55g of protain

for vitamins "GNC multi vitamins"

current weight 161lbs

last year when i started workin out i was 140lbs then stopped for 6 months
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
^--- I'd actually recommend staying away from GNC vitamins if you're not seriously training.

why?

because they just make expensive pee.

I have to dig around, but I have an article from a medical journal that goes through some of the absorption rates for vitamins and supplements.. and that typically, people absorb no more from 'Mega Vitamins than they do from regular consumer daily vitamins like centrum'.

I believe that nearly 40% of the population also get no benefit from taking creatine supplements (I was one of those)... I used to split my spending on supplements, thinking that creatine and moderate protein would work for me, and it did.. but I noticed real gains from switching to straight up protein.

But there's also a catch, because research has indicated that the body can only process so much protein per serving.. about 25gm I think... any more than that at a time and you're not gaining the full benefit.

I've spent years trying different things at the gym... I've made the mistake of mixing creatine citrate with milk... hell, I've made the mistake of trying to take creatine citrate plain from the spoon because someone said it was taseless (that's monohydrate btw)...

I've done protein powders, and found that a slow and steady supplement regeme (sp?) throughout the day works best.

My advice...
eat a balanced meal before your workout.. drink a 20g serving of protein shake during the workout, and have a snack afterwards if you're hungry.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

well time for my update,

I have been working out 4-6 times a week and mainly it's cardio one day and the next is weight training, my trainer Lisa pointed out my face is thinner and I've noticeably look silghtly thinner in my sides and chest areas, and she's right. I have started to notice a lot of changes, I have tonnes more energy and I'm not tired as tired as I used to be, and my arms are getting bigger.

so far I've lost 7 lbs and 1 inch in pant size, since my last post and I have pritty much cut out my Coke Drinking to maybe 3 cans a week, which is down majorly for me.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
darkpuppet,Jan 26 2007, 09:11 AM Wrote:I've done protein powders, and found that a slow and steady supplement regeme (sp?) throughout the day works best. 

My advice...
eat a balanced meal before your workout.. drink a 20g serving of protein shake during the workout, and have a snack afterwards if you're hungry.
[right][snapback]224659[/snapback][/right]

I'm taking the upper GNC vitamins... the ones above the Mega Men's. However, I AM working out 3-4 times a week, plus ball hockey 3 times a week and my 1-2 times a week hour-long skates.

I've resolved that next week I'll start back on my protein shakes, now that I am comfortable with how I feel and that I'm settling back into my gym rhythm. Plus, I found out there's a weekly drop-in ball hockey game every Monday night at the gym. SWEET! That and I haven't even swam yet.

I find creatine to be not worth experimenting with... although I haven't taken it before. Between my diet, protein shakes and consistent training, I'll get where I want to be.

Plus, it makes for a great night out... a workout, supper at the Subway right in the same building complex and then movie night at the base auditorium (free admission for gym members, $1 popcorn and $1.50 drinks).
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fitness Checkup - Month 5 darkpuppet 20 7,704 06-17-2007, 09:03 PM
Last Post: scotiacustom
  Fitness Checkup - Month 4 darkpuppet 11 3,638 05-03-2007, 12:29 PM
Last Post: FocusGuy7476
  Fitness Checkup - Month 3 darkpuppet 25 6,597 04-05-2007, 01:28 AM
Last Post: Flofocus
  Mid-year Fitness Checkup NOS2Go4Me 43 12,287 07-09-2006, 03:30 PM
Last Post: JRC ZX3 2003