Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any New Brunswicker Got Turbo ?
Like the title does any new brunswicker have a turbo focus ? if so where did yah get it tuned , The nearest focus sport dealer is in quebec and is a ways away to travel.Im sure I could get the ford dealer here in moncton to get it since its a ford dealer in quebec but just wondering if you guys know anywhere to get it all tuned up .

Also what all Do I need should I have a problem running it with my stock duratec ? what all should I get I know a 3 inch exhaust would be needed to assist the turbo but will me stock internals and black handle the power?
The real nice thing about buying from FocusSport is the support. What I would do if I were you is get a wideband, AEM EUGO or LC1 first off. Wire it up so your able to datalog it using an XCAL2.

The XCAL2 comes with the FocusSport turbo, and randy will send a tune with it to get your running, you can do some datalogging and send it to him and he will make any required adjustments.

A DynoTune isn't really necessary, and even then just find a local dyno, book some time and let Randy at FocusSport know. You can do your run and datalog it, email him the dyno and logs and he can make adjustments remotely. I did this and it worked real well.

Edit: The FocusSport turbo runs great on the stock durratec, but yes I think it would also be good to free up the exhaust since this is a turbo setup.
By wideband do you mean oxygen sensor or aem air fuel gauge ? sorry im new to this tuning and turbo stuff. Im assuming ill need a air fuel gauge a boost gauge and maybe a oil pressure gauge correct ? I think I might be driving to quebec sounds a bit complicated.
timhickey,Dec 12 2006, 11:48 AM Wrote:By wideband do you mean oxygen sensor or aem air fuel gauge ? sorry im new to this tuning and turbo stuff. Im assuming ill need a air fuel gauge a boost gauge and maybe a oil pressure gauge correct ? I think I might be driving to quebec sounds a bit complicated.
[right][snapback]219775[/snapback][/right]

Yeah he means a wideband O2 sensor. There expensive but its a good safety item to monitor your engine. Boost guage is good to, handy when tuning.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
To do some remote tuning you'll need a wideband A/F gauge/sensor.

One of the following would do:
AEM UEGO - http://www.aempower.com/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryID=67
Innovative LC1 - http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lc1.php
I think I may just get the dealer to install it they installed the roushcharger on the mustang and they got it tuned so i msure its better left i nthere hands to make sure its done properly. So its no problem running it on my stock engine ? how about my auto tranny will it hold up ?
timhickey,Dec 12 2006, 12:33 PM Wrote:I think I may just get the dealer to install it they installed the roushcharger on the mustang and they got it tuned so i msure its better left i nthere hands to make sure its done properly. So its no problem running it on my stock engine ? how about my auto tranny will it hold up ?
[right][snapback]219788[/snapback][/right]

Auto heh...you wont get the same kind of power out of it compared to a manual. I'm not really sure at all about the duratec, but I know the auto tranny mated to a zetec is not very solid at all.

And I hope youve got lots of money to waste if your not doing any of this work yourself.
Given the sheer torque available for the Duratec via the turbo upgrade (190-200 ft/lbs to the wheel is not uncommon for the 2.0L Stage 1 kit), I'd really recommend that you revisit this idea AFTER speaking with Randy at FocusSport directly.

Powerworks makes an auto-friendly supercharger setup for the Zetec (and one is in the works for the Duratec), but IIRC it's somewhat down on torque compared to the manual tune... nevermind a turbo.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Tom at focusfanatics has a turbo auto and so far its holding up quite well .
timhickey,Dec 12 2006, 04:07 PM Wrote:Tom at focusfanatics has a turbo auto and so far its holding up quite well .
[right][snapback]219837[/snapback][/right]

Isn't his auto built tho? (lentech or something like that?)
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Focussports Turbo works fine on the AUTO, here is a dyno chart from an auto car that randy tuned:
[Image: tom_tang_stg2.jpg]
And i'll add fellas this is NOT INTERCOOLED! Duratec > Zetec
isnt the stage 2 kit IC'ld?
Flofocus,Dec 12 2006, 06:53 PM Wrote:isnt the stage 2 kit IC'ld?
[right][snapback]219862[/snapback][/right]

I stand corrected egg on my face :P
hardk0re,Dec 12 2006, 09:15 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Dec 12 2006, 06:53 PM Wrote:isnt the stage 2 kit IC'ld?
[right][snapback]219862[/snapback][/right]

I stand corrected egg on my face :P
[right][snapback]219887[/snapback][/right]

i was gonna say....Is Randy crazy putting 10psi through with no intercooling! :P :lol:
with the FS turbo kit you do not need to travel anywhere to get the car tuned, tuning compes with the kit and FS is right behind you with any tuning and serivice issues that might pop up.
I'm a FS dealer and can aslo get you into the FS turbo kit for a great price.

if you are interested please shoot me a PM.
pm sent
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
darkpuppet,Dec 12 2006, 04:52 PM Wrote:
timhickey,Dec 12 2006, 04:07 PM Wrote:Tom at focusfanatics has a turbo auto and so far its holding up quite well .
[right][snapback]219837[/snapback][/right]

Isn't his auto built tho? (lentech or something like that?)
[right][snapback]219852[/snapback][/right]

Tom is indeed running a LenTech, but then again he has over 400WHP.

For that kit, I've been told recently that they can tune the stock tranny such that it will survive (same as the PW guys?).

Whenever I feel like voiding my powertrain warranty, it's good to know that I have options.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I think ill have to talk some more to Tom to see what he thinks I should do .
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99