Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Rims Fit The Focus?
grrr...okay i didnt really know until now...i called this tire/wheel shop in mississauga to get some quotes on rotas. It turns out the rotas don't fit on focus!!! He said they don't have the same bolts....so i can't get rotas on my focus sedan? Why? How? there must be a way! I think i noticed on your mitch you had rota attacks....how did u get rotas on the focus?

BTW, is the focus bolt pattern 4x108? or 4x100? And what is the offset? 40-42+mm?

As i was asking him quotes on tires makes like toyo proxes and falkens...he was telling me only certain sizes are available for the focus: 205/50/16 (stock size)....but no 215/45/16 or anything like this....i was stuck with only 2 choices. Either 205/50/16s or this other size for 17" ers.

I thought u could basically pick any rim and match it up with any right sized tire and "bam!" ur done. So somebody help me shop for tires/rims cuz it seems i only have 2 options whereas before i thought it was an infinite possibilities!

Be the change you want to see in this world.
you do have pretty much infinite possiblities .... the rim size your after is 16x7 or 17"x7 with a 4x108 bolt pattern and usually around a 42 offset

... and as for tire size you can run anything you'd like, the only problem you run into when you get away from stock tire size (ie. 205/50/16 or 205/45/17) is that your speedometer well be off alittle (+/- 5kph) and you'll raise/lower the vehicle the further from stock you get

tire size's i've fun and had no problem with are .. 205/50/16, 205/55/16, 215/50,45,40/17

so if that tire shop tells you it won't fit, then i'd go to another shop or tell them to order them and you'll deal with that
Below Average Car Club
with the SVT suspension, this is the biggest for 17's without any issue...trust me. 225/45/17

2002 Infra-red ZTS
Have you checked the Rota website?

There are few 4x108mm patterns that they make.
'03 Focus SVT
I remember hearing a long time ago that Rota had stopped making certain models in the 4x108 pattern.. it's possible since it's not a very common pattern for them to bother with making. You might be able to find some shop that has some old ones in stock, or find some used ones if that's the case.

Also, depending on the wheel, you might be able to get them custom drilled to fit your bolt pattern.
yes yes i wouldn't mind looking for old stock used rota slips in the 16x7 size. I'll keep looking around.
Keep a look out at the for sale section.......It may come up from time to time
i just got in contact with MACHIII who is a dealer for ROTAWHEELS and they told me they can customize the slips for 4x108 bolt pattern but they have to have a minimum of 10 orders before they start production.

I'm wondering, what is this list? How will we know if it reaches 10? Will someone notify me to say the minimum has been met and production will now commence? Honestly, it just sounds like an answer to just ignore us (he says 2-3 months it could take) but isn't even sure.
also i have some in the classified section i want to trade or get rid of

Toronto Paseo Club
Well, I had the 2003 SVT EAP Dark Argent rims on my car (17x7", 4x108mm bolt pattern, and +42 offset), with 215/45 ZR17 W Fuzion ZRi's on them, and my car was lowered 1.25" front, and 1.75" rear...absolutely NO rubbing, even at full lock, and I never bottomed out the car either (Kudos to SHM/Multimatic for the greatest suspension kit for the Focus...).

Oh yeah, I have them listed on the classifieds too...;)

L8tz
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
anyone know if the Team Dynamics Race Pro 1 (in black) are available in 4x108 bolt pattern? That would be my 2nd pick after the rotas.