Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dissappointed On The Rollers Today
I just wish we had more than 1 dyno in my entire city. so I can see if the numbers are solid across more than 1 dyno.

this dyno could not be setup as differently as say the ones in vancouver. for all we know they could have adjusted for the differences on their dyno dynamics dynos, or the one here made no adjustments as they were not aware of differences.

I might be testing it again when I come to vancouver in the next few weeks. what are the rates like there?>
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
Ok, so you have 187fwhp, not bad I say but defenitly should be more.
I don't much about FI so take the following like a grain of salt.
At what altitude is the dyno you did your run on?
You listed dyno results of a Ranger on different dyno's... were they all at the same altitude, temperature, humitdity, etc... These are all factors.

Again, fellow members here have been pointing at the air to fuel ratio beeing rich above 4000rpm. This would be a place to start. Did you replace your spark plugs? These are often overlooked. We all want to see you make a 210+ run, so get back on it and let us know how much you've gained.

Oh, like it was asked before, did you not make a baseline dyno run before boosting?
I'm getting my '07 ST in a few weeks... I'll be driving it easy this winter, breaking it in nicely and next spring, I'll be going to my one and only local dyno to get it checked out before doing any mods.

Cheers
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
the dyno shop here kinda gots tuners by the balls, meaning they can charge whatever they want.

so I cant really justify spending $101 to see what my hp is anymore. im tryin to figure out what the rates are before I go to one while visitng vancouver next month.

I was the first focus ever on these rollers. so they would have no clue what to do when it comes to this car. I'd rather go to a place with experience handling this car next time. as noted above, maybe the dyno dynamics is set differently here or in vancouver. maybe they adjust their numbers to read near dynojet, or maybe the dyno here does the exact opposite.

who knows!

You made 9psi? The kit makes 11-13psi, you must have a boost leak or some thing. Friend of mine had a small leak out of his M90 and lost 3psi.
Civic's sucks!

SEX is like math: add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and pray you don't multiply!
euro,Nov 25 2006, 07:55 PM Wrote:You made 9psi? The kit makes 11-13psi, you must have a boost leak or some thing. Friend of mine had a small leak out of his M90 and lost 3psi.
[right][snapback]217426[/snapback][/right]

its because I have long-tubed headers, thats why its 9psi

PerfectSaiyan,Nov 26 2006, 01:51 AM Wrote:
euro,Nov 25 2006, 07:55 PM Wrote:You made 9psi? The kit makes 11-13psi, you must have a boost leak or some thing. Friend of mine had a small leak out of his M90 and lost 3psi.
[right][snapback]217426[/snapback][/right]

its because I have long-tubed headers, thats why its 9psi
[right][snapback]217463[/snapback][/right]

are you sayin its better to have a shorty header to get higher PSI?
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
???? My kit made 9.5psi w/ short header and 9psi when I switched to race header.
hardk0re,Nov 26 2006, 06:30 PM Wrote:???? My kit made 9.5psi w/ short header and 9psi when I switched to race header.
[right][snapback]217517[/snapback][/right]

why is it like that?
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
The boost drop is commonly caused by increased engine efficiency.

Remember, boost is all the air sitting in the manifold that the engine CAN'T get into the cylinders.

So (especially) with superchargers, you put in an exhaust, or make the intake more efficient and the boost will go down. This is because superchargers are engine RPM reliant, and often make max boost at max RPM. You create an engine that can take in more air, and the boost will go down -- but the engine still consumes more air than when you had more boost.

Turbos are powered by the exhaust that comes out, not engine RPM, so as long as you have enough exhaust pressure to make x lbs of boost, the car's boost won't fall. (but you'll see more air going in via your MAF if you datalog)...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Get a SMALLER PULLEY! Get the boost back.
Civic's sucks!

SEX is like math: add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and pray you don't multiply!
and blow my engine across the street :lol:

trust me, its in the works.

At least you have it figured out, Lorne.

Good luck man. :)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
yeah I found out the codes n such.

stupid ass EGR system