Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lookin For A New Front Clip
So im in the market of looking for a new front clip.

Im not satisfied with the front end whatsoever, and I never have been. the intake hole is decent size, but not good enough, too narrow, and it has (behind the grille) stupid pillars that if were to be removed, would take away from the structural integrity. Im basically looking for a front end that shows off the intercooler from my PWSC. Not interested in Roush, or blocky front ends..

I guess im basically interested in EDM bumpers, or something with a big mouth. definately not wings west though.

any suggestions?

my car for reference:

[Image: 11.jpg]

if your selling one, let me know, painted/unpainted doesnt matter.

oh yeah, looking for strong materials, I scrape.
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
All I can say then is to stay away from anything fibreglass. You'll spend more time repairing the bodywork than you will driving the car.

What about the Cervini's stuff? Gord has some on his car... it's pimp!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Kaminari !!!

*drool*

[Image: 00Focus4DR1.jpg]
If you like the euro style, my favorite is definitely the 2002-04 euro bumper with JMS lip kit. A stunning example of this is Mitch (ZX3TUNING)'s car: http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...topic=14341&hl=

It's got a big opening for the intercooler and doesn't take away from the natural styling of the car.
still have my evo 3 kit available.. but it is fiberglass :unsure:
~~2000 Midnight Blue 5-speed ZX3~~

~*~Evo 3 Body Kit~*~17'' BSA Gunmetal Black rims~*~Cold Air Intake~*~Angel Eye Projector Headlights~*~7'' Yellow Fog Lights~*~Tinted Altezza Tails~*~PINK Underglow~*~

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond to it.
I would probably be interested in one of those st170 bumpers, with that lip, but they gotta be pricey? coming from europe and all

PerfectSaiyan,Nov 7 2006, 11:29 AM Wrote:I would probably be interested in one of those st170 bumpers, with that lip, but they gotta be pricey?  coming from europe and all
[right][snapback]214999[/snapback][/right]

Yeah it definitely wont be cheap.. but you get OEM quality and fitment. You might be able to save a little money buying used, I think Frost_2001 has some experience with buying euro parts on ebay. Especially since the 02-04 regular euro bumper is the same as the ST170 (except for the foglights and colormatched bumpstrips), they should be fairly common. Regardless, shipping something big like a bumperp kit overseas can be really expensive. I'd definitely contact ZX3TUNING if you're interested though..

And there are a few different lips for the euro bumpers.. not cheap either, but it wont be likely you'll see another car with the same front end as you.
I was looking into it and its not that badly priced

http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/prod...&products_id=51

Id say $202 without shipping is good, then I looked and shipping would be $375. PASS, Ill wait for a used one to come up.

I would be molding out those strips and cutting the center out to be larger.

What about the F2 RS style bumper?

http://www.f2cars.com/index.asp?PageAction...WPROD&ProdID=34
SVT ZX3,Nov 8 2006, 05:54 PM Wrote:What about the F2 RS style bumper?

http://www.f2cars.com/index.asp?PageAction...WPROD&ProdID=34
[right][snapback]215170[/snapback][/right]

I don't think he's had a good experience with ricardo at F2. I think the F2 bumper was his original choice.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

the widebody was my original choice.

ricardo dropped the preverbial $1025USD ball on that one. he lost out on that income, but oh well. if you check into the zx3tuning products sub-forum it will explain everything,

I have decided to buy a ST170 front end with a loader lip w/ fogs and different style grille off of someone from [fj]

consider this thread finito, now to work on the rear..