Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tires And Rims Package
Okay, shipping is just out of the question for tires and rims package (that's like $400).

So...the only option seems to either find a good place in GTA or surrounding area that sells nice tires and rims for the focus.....or drive down to the US and buy em there.

Can anyone recommend some places I can go to check out and pick up a tires and rims package?
I'm willing to drive some if need be...... shipping is just out of the question....being heavy those tires and rims are!

BTW: side question: how heavy are the stock 16" rims on the focus? I have the 5 spoke ones. Generally speaking, when u buy a performance rim...are they usually lighter? Or are the stock rims and any other rims I shop for all the same weight range?
Be the change you want to see in this world.
Well,
it really depends on what you are looking for and how much you are willing to spend.
If you are looking at racing rims, yes they are usually lighter. A lot of the time, if you are buying universal rims (like my Enkei CDR 9's) they are about the same weight or perhaps slightly heavier.
Then you get in to the issue of alloy or whatever. Alloys are usually lighter than others.
The fact is, if you search for rims online (or other) there are many resources for checking the weight of rims.

A couple of things.....

Where are you from?

Unless your in the middle of buttplug nowhere, chances are there is a nice tire shop in your area. Most reputable companies that sell performance tires, sell rims too.

Ask around.

If you want state side, contact bat inc.

BAT INC.

RIMS ALL EURO!

RIMS

I know a few people here who have dealt with Bat inc.

Great shop from what I've heard. And all the stuff is real Euro.
cornflakes,Nov 3 2006, 03:12 AM Wrote:So...the only option seems to either find a good place in GTA or surrounding area that sells nice tires and rims for the focus.....or drive down to the US and buy em there.
[right][snapback]214441[/snapback][/right]

Check out Bramalea Tire (http://www.bramaleatire.com) and ask for John ... his tire prices are usually the best without a lot of haggling -- over the years I've bought literally 20 sets of tires from him.

IMO they've also got the best balancing machines and operators too and they won't damage the rim like a lot of shops will ... can't speak to his rim prices but he does seem to have a good selection.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Tiretrends.com out of BC charges $9.50 per piece for shipping I believe. Plus no brokerage.
brameleatire looks good. The prices include installation wow.
There's not a huge selection of tires but the Falken ze512 (129.00) and the Goodyear Tripletred (168.00) looks like the 2 choices. These are prices for the 17" 215 width tires.

Any other good sites to check out?
Be the change you want to see in this world.
ZTWsquared,Nov 3 2006, 09:29 AM Wrote:
cornflakes,Nov 3 2006, 03:12 AM Wrote:So...the only option seems to either find a good place in GTA or surrounding area that sells nice tires and rims for the focus.....or drive down to the US and buy em there.
[right][snapback]214441[/snapback][/right]

Check out Bramalea Tire (http://www.bramaleatire.com) and ask for John ... his tire prices are usually the best without a lot of haggling -- over the years I've bought literally 20 sets of tires from him.

IMO they've also got the best balancing machines and operators too and they won't damage the rim like a lot of shops will ... can't speak to his rim prices but he does seem to have a good selection.
[right][snapback]214470[/snapback][/right]

i agree, bramalea tire is great and they usually have ongoing sales of discontinued or last years model of tire. i've been dealing with them for years.
'02 CD Silver SVT
All the options
#3731 out of 4788

'85 Mustang GT