Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iphone Coming To Bell & Telus Nov '09
Blackberrys and Iphone are designed for different people with different jobs.

My g/f works for a bank......blackberry

I work for a media company........Iphone

I need to view websites, images, emails with the occasional spreadsheet ....shes views emails and spreadsheets and needs to communicate with people all the time.

If your a txt/email-aholic go with a blackberry if you want to enjoy your phone, play around or just have the closest experience to having a powerfully mini computer in your pocket, iphone it is.

Bell customer support is the worst on this planet and so are the employees. I went in to purchase a BB world and walked across the hall to fido and picked up an iphone......then walked back and canceled my 2 year contract with bell.

Kinda glad it happend because I would have been f***ed at my new job with a blackberry.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
D-Dub,Oct 12 2009, 02: Wrote:Bell customer support is the worst on this planet [right][snapback]295876[/snapback][/right]

Same is said for Rogers, or Telus, or Fido... dont know how many times we have to go through this. All these telco's custoemr service sucks ass. Its not just Bell.

And as for teh employees comment...f*** you. :D
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I have to say Flo, outta "The Big Three" in Canada, Bell's customer support needs the biggest shake up.

I mean they cut my land phone line by accident on a Sunday and expected me to wait until Tuesday to get my phone back?

That's not customer service, that's customer abuse :ph34r:

NefCanuck
so to answer everyones question fairly, which carrier should i buy the iphone from? well thats a no brainer, buy it from who ever offers you the best customer experience. Im not one of those guys who says one is better than the other, but I will definitely say this, choose your company wisely, and if you have issues with it, you can either stay with them and get it resolved or change companies. don't just buy from who ever gives you the biggest discount on the hardware, cus thats the mistake a lotta people do, then realize they are paying double in MSF's. Hardware comes and goes, everyone switches phones, but generally they keep the same monthly plan for years. so why not focus on which price plan is more suited to you, and if you happen to spend a little more on a handset compared to a competitoor, its ok. the priceplan will balance this out in the end.
My other ride is your Mom
NefCanuck,Oct 14 2009, 09:18 AM Wrote:I have to say Flo, outta "The Big Three" in Canada, Bell's customer support needs the biggest shake up.

I mean they cut my land phone line by accident on a Sunday and expected me to wait until Tuesday to get my phone back?

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]295969[/snapback][/right]

Thats your opinion. I have mine. My wife has a different story, DP will have another, and so on. :rolleyes:

They all suck in customer service. Period.

I have many, many horor stories about my days with Rogers, Trust someone who's been on both sides...or all 3 sides.

Are you even sure it was Bell that cut it and not some contractor? When is the last time in the 100+ years that you've had Bell telephone call them to say thanks for not ever bringing my service down? Thought so.
Flofocus,Oct 14 2009, 11:08 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Oct 14 2009, 09:18 AM Wrote:I have to say Flo, outta "The Big Three" in Canada, Bell's customer support needs the biggest shake up.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]295969[/snapback][/right]

Thats your opinion. I have mine. My wife has a different story, DP will have another, and so on. :rolleyes:

They all suck in customer service. Period.

I have many, many horor stories about my days with Rogers, Trust someone who's been on both sides...or all 3 sides.

Are you even sure it was Bell that cut it and not some contractor? When is the last time in the 100+ years that you've had Bell telephone call them to say thanks for not ever bringing my service down? Thought so.
[right][snapback]295983[/snapback][/right]

Not to get into the "mine is suckier than yours" debate (because let's face it, you're right each service has their horror stories) but I think the facts here are important enough to explain why I was so concerned about what happened.

The facts were that I called 611 from a cell when I discovered the dead land line.

The CSR answering the phone admitted that they had a contractor on site to terminate the service of another resident in my building. They initally claimed that the installer was now "too far away" to correct their mistake and it wasn't until I asked for their ID number so that I could speak to their supervisor the next business day that another tech "happened" to be in the area.

For any other service I'm willing to cut some slack because let's face it, cable or a cell phone goes down, it's annoyiing but not critical.

My primary landline goes down and I have a medical emergency? :ph34r:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Oct 14 2009, 01:53 PM Wrote:My primary landline goes down and I have a medical emergency? :ph34r:

[right][snapback]295994[/snapback][/right]

Use the same cell you called to make a complaint? :lol:
See heres the thing with fido:

The left side of my Iphone stopped then started and stopped working after 15 days, so they sat on the phone with me and we tried everything for 15 min. After nothing worked he booked me an appointment at the apple store. Checked my phone in 20 min later the phone was fixed, turns out there was a pin that was not connected right and was something they have seen before.

Perfect customer support!

Bell Customer support:

My samsung instinct was replaced after 5 days(kept restarting).

I was paying for unlimited internet, yet half the pages I surfed to would not open.

I was told I could receive push email. When I started my first job push was required, the phone did not support it.

Then my phone started restarting again, so I went to bell and they told me to contact Samsung. Samsung told me that it was a software issue and that bell deals with software, bell told me Samsung deals with software.

After the major circle jerk I went to bell and I was willing to shell out for a BB world(500 bucks). I had a sick plan and was willing to put all the bulls*** aside for the plan. BUT when this whore at the store in Burlington Mall rolled her eyes at me I calmly said "I'll be back" and I did come back, with a Fido bag and 300 bucks to cancel my contract.

I couldn't care where my money goes as long as I get quality in return Im happy.

Land lines are good for business, you don't need them at home anymore. I haven't had one in two years.

I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
blah, blah, blah....Seriously, I could go one and on about s***ty service from fido, rogers, telus and yes, even Bell.

These kind of stories are all over the place and everyone has experienced them.

Quote:Land lines are good for business, you don't need them at home anymore. I haven't had one in two years.

Not true at all. Not all of us live in the GTA.

Come out here where rogers/fido doesnt work half the time and you'll change your tune. Land lines are still very much needed.
yeah, I've had Rogers cancel all of my services while I was away on vacation once. Nothing like coming home to no phone or TV.

And yeah, I've had Bell break my internet on occasion whenever a tech comes and tries to hook someone's voice circuit to my dry loop circuit.

The end result, which many have stated, is that all of these media companies have terrible service.

What most people don't understand is why...

For any given teleco or cable company, there is a nearly infinitely huge infrastructure, a huge number of service providers that they integrate with, and contractors that do the work...

So I can pretty much guarantee that everyone is going to have a bad experience from time to time with their carriers... it's nearly inevitable considering what they're trying to support for the population.

And each company is going to do it's best to retain you as a customer as well -- I've received free months of service from both Bell and Rogers.

In the end, check what coverage you want. There's lots of areas that still support one provider better than the other... don't wait for a company's 4 year plan to come into effect either -- I tried that with Fido -- and instead of growing their network in 4 years, they dropped their roaming agreements and hamstrung me to the GTA.

So, if you're a long time customer of one provider, and you're happy with your service, stick with them -- or talk to their customer retention folks.

The big thing about the iPhone coming to other networks is that it eliminates the monopoly on the 'must have' tech toy that one carrier currently enjoys.

On the note of Bell dumping their old technology -- they'll do it a lot slower than Rogers did, that's for sure... they still support analog in areas, even though Rogers has long ago turned off all of their analog towers.

I can pretty much guarantee that the Bell transitions will run longer than they say... so if you're happy with your old phones, you likely don't have much to worry about.

Another note.. I wouldn't compare the Bellus agreement to the Fido-rogers deal. Fido is owned by Rogers. It's more like Solo is owned by Bell and Koodoo is owned by Telus, and Bell and Telus are teaming up to bend Rogers over a barrel.

It's a deal to win your business, not your benefit.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

best service I ever had was with the MIKE ppl, then transfer to normal telus pcs and smart phones been headaches......
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Solo and Koodoo and Virgin may be getting 3g hspa networks but wont be offering the iphone. The only companies offering the iphone will be rogers, fido, bell and telus, hence why i said that puppet. I also meant the fido shares the same coverage as rogers, so the iphone will work in the same areas, bellus has one 3g network which both carriers have identical coverage to as well for their iphone. get it? got it! good!
My other ride is your Mom

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bell + Telus = Bellus paolo 0 1,134 06-22-2007, 08:51 AM
Last Post: paolo