Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flywheel Question
I was thinking about future mods for my car, but since I read you cant change a flywheel on an Automatic car and Focus Sport didnt have any on their website for sale Im assuming they dont make them or just dont have any flywheels for automatics.

Hypothetically speaking.. if I had a Manual Ford Focus Zetec would I have to buy the flywheel at $400 per flywheel or do they sell in pairs?

the website wasn't too specific..

Also if anyone knows how much parts could possibly be lightened by replaced and or swapping for other lighter parts in the front end of a ford focus 1st Gen that would be good to know.

I was thinking of how much weight differential the ford focus has, and since most FF cars have more weight in the front it would be interesting to know.

Thanks.
The theory behind a lightweight flywheel is less rotational mass. The less eight the engine needs to sling around, in theory it can put down more power to the wheels.

This is all find and dandy, but we need to also look at why we have this weight there. This rotational mass helps keep the engine running smoothly at lower speeds. I changed mine and had a very very hard time getting my idle stay smooth, i ended up setting my idle to the max that SCT would allow me just to get my car somewhat drivable.

For your transmission, theres a few options for performance. Theres two companies that you can get everything from a full transmission to just the parts.

Some one fill me in there there is another company, my mind is just drawing a blank today.
http://www.levelten.com/

Hope some of that helps.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clutch/flywheel Question konafocuswrc 10 3,402 02-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Last Post: konafocuswrc