Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Focus Got Smashed!
I need to vent.

Went to my local plaza this evening to buy some pop. After placing my purchase in the back seat, I get into my car and noticed someone backing up towards me quickly. As he's turning, his rear barely clears me, but his passenger side slams into me causing extensive damage to my entire driver side. He continues backing up at high speed until he slams into a brick pillar, caving in his trunk.

If he backed up a few seconds earlier, I would have been squashed.

ZTWsugardaddy,Jul 29 2006, 02:50 AM Wrote:I need to vent.

Went to my local plaza this evening to buy some pop.  After placing my purchase in the back seat, I get into my car and noticed someone backing up towards me quickly.  As he's turning, his rear barely clears me, but his passenger side slams into me causing extensive damage to my entire driver side.  He continues backing up at high speed until he slams into a brick pillar, caving in his trunk.

[right][snapback]199725[/snapback][/right]

that sucks!

I hope buddy is going to pay for the damage... what's his excuse for hitting you?
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

That does suck... what was the clown driving?
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
WTF?

thats terrible!

What the hell was the guy doing?? how are things playing out?!

also..i gotta be the one to ask..

PICS?
That totally sucks balls!

was he drunk?
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

Make him pay!
$hitty deal, but thankfully you were not squashed or injured during the incident. Clearly this knob is 100% at fault for the damage.
mo_focus,Jul 29 2006, 02:23 PM Wrote:was he drunk?
[right][snapback]199754[/snapback][/right]
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
[Image: img0008vh3.jpg]
[Image: img0010pu1.jpg]
[Image: img0005nw3.jpg]

No, he didn't seem intoxicated.

Guy told police his gear was stuck, but didn't have an answer when he was asked if he stopped pressing the gas pedal.

He called some local friends who tried to influence me not to report the accident. One guy even stepped in front of the car while I was writing down the plate number.

As it stands, he presented Police with expired insurance.

I got the vehicle assessed today. Ballpark figure is $3,000.00 damage.
only 3G..

thats lucky....sort of..
ZTWsugardaddy,Jul 29 2006, 01:50 AM Wrote:I need to vent.

Went to my local plaza this evening to buy some pop.  After placing my purchase in the back seat, I get into my car and noticed someone backing up towards me quickly.  As he's turning, his rear barely clears me, but his passenger side slams into me causing extensive damage to my entire driver side.  He continues backing up at high speed until he slams into a brick pillar, caving in his trunk.

[right][snapback]199725[/snapback][/right]

Wow, that sucks hard. I have to wonder though if he didn't screw up after hitting you and panicked and hit the gas instead of the brake? I'm thinking if he wanted to pull a hit & run, he'd have thrown it into drive as soon as he smacked you & fled.

$3K of damage? That seems low based on the pictures, 'cause I think those door skins have to come off...

NefCanuck
Un believeable.

Expired insurance? Wow, your lucky day I guess. :(

So I'm guessing this damage will come out of YOUR pocket?????

These things make me angry! :angry:
ANTHONYD,Jul 30 2006, 03:13 AM Wrote:Un believeable.

Expired insurance? Wow, your lucky day I guess. :(

So I'm guessing this damage will come out of YOUR pocket?????

These things make me angry! :angry:
[right][snapback]199787[/snapback][/right]

Possible $1000 deductible out of my pocket plus future increases to my premium for making a claim. I'm hopeful he was just carrying the expired slip. He told the Officer that he has the current slip somewhere at home. If he doesn't produce it, Officer said he would be fined $5000 for driving without insurance. Of course, that doesn't help me. Either way, I'll probably pay a price for making a claim.
ZTWsugardaddy,Jul 30 2006, 01:18 AM Wrote:Possible $1000 deductible out of my pocket plus future increases to my premium for making a claim.
[right][snapback]199799[/snapback][/right]
Man that would suck huge ... doesn't Ontario have some sort of uninsured motorist fund that your insurance company would make a claim against including your deductible?

And yeah ... $3g seems low - especially if your rim was damaged too.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
i believe its at fault claims that count not just any claims? you'd be using your uninsured/underinsured coverage not your collision coverage, hopefully you wont have to take a hit financially for someone else's stupidity
You will pay a 1000$ decuct and no the door skins wont have to come off. 3G sounds just about right. Maybe a little more sence he managed to damage your rim....
I half expected to see your mirror damaged aswell.
2000 ZX3
wow that sucks, almost the same amount damage to my old focus in the same area too, but I have a huge crease running from fender to rear door handle, and the cost to fix it was $1,400. but yeah hopefully he is insured for your sake if not take him to court to get your money back for paying out if he's not indeed insured.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
OMG that's horrible!

And yeah, he's screwed for going through the insurance he's legally required to carry and buddy will be criminally charged but not financially liable unless he goes to court... doubly so because it's private property. Had this been a roadway, totally different story.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
So can you sue the driver for the damages if he doesn't have insurance and won't pay you? I some how find it hard to believe that something like this happens and you would have no recourse from the guilty party. Also if you are not at fault then your premium doesn't go up. In my accident it totally wasn't my fault and I never paid a cent nor did my premium go up, in fact it went down. I remember my agent saying something about some no fault insurance they have in Ontario for these things.

I would look into a personal suit against the guilty party if insurance doesn't pan out.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending