Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swaybars
I need to change my sway bars there a little to soft .I'm not sure if to go wih H&R or eiback?
What do u guys suggest?
B&G coilovers, Kamakazi headers,focus sport exhaust, 2.5 custom flex pipe, 18" oz rims, 65mm throtle body,ZX3 tuning custom cams,powerworks SC,spec 3 clutch,clutchnet 11lb flywheel,Eibach swaybar package,fs front lower stress bar,fs rear strees bar,svt big brake kit,quife diff,4.06 gears.(2012 plans FR head, 19lb boost & full engine rebuild) Good bye Escape hello 2012 focusBig Grin
I like my Eibach 22mm I have on the front right now... it's a really sweet complement to the S2 suspension. Once you get to that initial amount of roll... that's it, there's no more roll to be found.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
If I had the money I think i'd go with H&R, they are beefier than the eibach, it totally depends on what sort of control your after.

Make your car too stiff and you may not like the outcome either.
I've got Eibachs front/rear and they seem great. Not race car stiff, but much of the roll is gone.
IMHO, don't waste your money on a front bar of any kind.

H&R rear sway bar and a rear strut bar if you do not have one yet is what i would suggest!

installing a bigger front bar and leaving the stock or in NOS's case, no rear bar, will only cause the car to PLOW in turns.

iirc eibach is 23mm?
not listed but actual thickness...
I agree with Mitch. Many people put too much emphasis on the size of the bars themselves, instead of the RELATIVE size between the front and rear bars.

Its the reason I went with the Progress 22mm rear bar alone. I wanted a tiny bit more oversteer, so I stiffened the rear only. Why throw more money at it than you have to?
White 2001 ZX3
17" FRPP White Rally Wheels, KW Cup Kit (1.6"Wink, Progress 22mm Rear Sway, Short Ram Intake w/K&N Cone, Steeda 65mm TB, Ported 2k Manifold, FRPP 9mm Wires, MAC UDP, Clear Markers, OBX 4-1 Shorty Header, OBX ORP, FS Flex, 2nd Gen. MBRP Exhaust, FS/SCT Multi Chip

My Focus
My Photography
I suggest you check out that ebay link to all the ROUSH kits that are are deadly cheap.

roush sale.
It'll plow if you drive it to excess... sure. If you think you're Colin McRae or Emerson Fittipaldi... yup, you're gonna understeer right off the flamin road!

In every day driving and quick maneuvers... it's fine the way it is. :rolleyes:

Just wanted to get that out there.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
what is the stock size of the zx3 front swaybar?
B&G coilovers, Kamakazi headers,focus sport exhaust, 2.5 custom flex pipe, 18" oz rims, 65mm throtle body,ZX3 tuning custom cams,powerworks SC,spec 3 clutch,clutchnet 11lb flywheel,Eibach swaybar package,fs front lower stress bar,fs rear strees bar,svt big brake kit,quife diff,4.06 gears.(2012 plans FR head, 19lb boost & full engine rebuild) Good bye Escape hello 2012 focusBig Grin
ZX3TUNING,Jun 21 2006, 04:38 AM Wrote:IMHO, don't waste your money on a front bar of any kind.

H&R rear sway bar and a rear strut bar if you do not have one yet is what i would suggest!

installing a bigger front bar and leaving the stock or in NOS's case, no rear bar, will only cause the car to PLOW in turns.
[right][snapback]194344[/snapback][/right]

If you only go with a stronger rear bar, however, be prepared for more oversteer. Maybe that's what you want, but maybe not.

The front is a total pain-in-the-ass to replace, but if you go with a kit you will should get a nice balance. Mine is almost completely neutral when pushed hard, with a tad of controllable oversteer.