Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steeda Customer Service
Has anyone on here dealt with Steeda and been happy with the level of service they provided? I ask cause I bought a used Xcal2 and had steeda email me the tunes for it. It turns out the Xcal2 was b0rked and SCT RMA'd it for me. I made arrangements with Steeda for the RMA and they promised me that they would call as soon as it came back.

Well about 2 months later I call them back and they're like yeah it's been sitting here and we didn't know who it was for, and blamed an email problem for the delay as well.

So fast forward to last week, I made the trip upto steeda, which is near impossible to find cause of the lack of signs. I tell them who I was and what I was there for and they run around looking for my unit but gave up and handed me a brand new one. I thought cool after all this I get a brand new flasher for $150. Wrong. What I forgot and more importantly Steeda forgot was that with a new device my original tunes are useless.

I have emailed them back and called them. They didn't want to take my info over the phone and asked me to email them what I needed and stuff. I have yet to hear back from them. I wonder if I email them wanting to purchase a big ticket item that they would return my email?

I don't want to bad mouth Steeda in any way cause I am sure they're a good shop, but I am starting to get tired of all this run around for a simple request. Making a generic tune must not take more than 10minutes to make. :(
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
I don't have alot of patience for people that don't follow up and follow through with what they say they will do.
Be a man, step to the plate, and in the infamous words of George W. "Get R Dun"
When we were looking for a tuner for the car, we went to Steeda.
When they told us they could tune the cam gears through the SCT pro racer package, I almost laughed at him for not knowing what the fawk he was talking about. So personally, there dealing with me with anything other than cosmetic parts, is done.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
I've never had an issue with them not following up. When I ordered the CAI from them I also ordered the aluminum billet A/C knobs. About two weeks later they gave me a call that they were in.

Now Texis Automotive (The MBRP rep in Mississauga... <_< )

NefCanuck
I wish I was at more liberty to call them at work but I'd rather not risk it. This isn't something I NEED right away but it's the principle of it all. If you're running a business customer service is the most important aspect of any business.

After this is done I highly doubt they'll get any of my money.
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
From what I've heard, Steeda is alright but they mainly cater to the Stang crowd. Focus is usually the last car type they think about, after the F-150 stuff.

I purchased some stuff from them. The guy I dealt with was Paul Meister, really nice guy.

Only problem is you gotta keep on those guys to push the order. I had a hard time getting the gear to come in, what should have been shipped and delivered in 1-2 weeks, took 2 months. I wasn't happy about it but I did get my parts.

The only other beef, and a big one at that, was I never received an invoice for the order. I e-mailed Paul about it but he has yet to send it (this was about a year ago I received the goods).

Although Paul did throw in a shorty antenna with my order which kinda was alright, but I still want that invoice.

The other thing that kinda pissed me off was I drove from North Bay to Milton to pick up parts, and the shop was closed on the saturday. When I get back, I found out that they were at some tuner show and forgot to put a note on the shop door. I waited for an hour, along with three nicely decked out stangs for someone to show up.

Anyways that's my two cents.

PS. Oh on the positive side, Paul did give me a 10% discount on most of the higher cost parts. Not sure if he will keep that up though.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
yeah the shop had all mustangs when I was there. One of which had one massive turbo up front. Looked serious.
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Personally my dealings with them have been hit and miss. For the most part i would say find your parts else where, unless they have them instock at that moment. It took them almost a month to get my brake pads to me, and the only reason i got them at a month was cuz i started calling them to find out where they were. They didn't even bother to email me to tell me that the brake pads would take a month to come in. I wasn't in a hurry to get them, so i really wouldn't have minded, but the fact that they didn't have the decency to even call or email to let me know bothers me.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

I'm assuming this is about Steeda.ca, which if I recall is not the official Steeda, but a dealer. I've purchased from them with no major problems ohter than one part being backordered for quite some time, but they were willing to cancel that order. This may not be convenient for the Ontario guys but Bishop Sales, http://www.bishopsales.com/ , is a premier authorized steeda distributor, and are good guys to deal with.
I bought a red car, because everyone knows red is the fastest.
I've only had great things to say about Steeda.ca untill just recently. I was looking to order a hood from them and had the price of the hood, but I called them and wanted a quote on what it would be to my door (taxes & shipping in) they told me they would call me back, but I never did hear back from them which is too bad because it lost them the sale. Email has always worked out best for me with them, almost always an answer with in 24 hours, but as I said, phone service wasn't very good. <_<
being a one-man show myself, i try to limit my phone service as i just do not have time to waste on the phone during business hours to answer questions. email and PMs allow me to offer more accurate info anyways.

not trying to defend Steeda.ca but like any business, with so much going on you sometimes cannot remember the little things when you have 100 major things going on in your head/shop.

They mean well at Steeda, but they're Mustang guys through and through. To be fair, they ought to limit themselves to Stangs because they had zero idea why the Zetec plug wires I inadvertently ordered wouldn't fit the SPI. When I explained the size difference... there was dead air. "But all Focuses are the same!"

Well, they are... in body for 1st gens anyways! They refunded my cash, but the one other time I stopped in... next to no ideas on specifically what would fit the SPI.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
habmann,Jun 12 2006, 11:01 PM Wrote:Personally my dealings with them have been hit and miss. [right][snapback]192738[/snapback][/right]

Ditto.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Sounds like STEEDA runs like SHM....Mainly at the Mustang crowd. Not caring too much about the Focus people.

I'll bet if Steve went in with the new Stang, they'd give him a free :0 (====8
ANTHONYD,Jun 14 2006, 11:26 AM Wrote:Sounds like STEEDA runs like SHM....Mainly at the Mustang crowd. Not caring too much about the Focus people.

I'll bet if Steve went in with the new Stang, they'd give him a free :0 (====8
[right][snapback]192970[/snapback][/right]

I doubt it, because it's not a GT.

And I'd be asking them to put an independent rear in it first...

I used to deal with Steeda.. I mean, I've never really had a problem than extremely long order times on certain items, and the guys there were as helpful as they could be considering they're not primarily focus guys. Paul was always a pretty good guy to deal with.

But I've had equally long wait times from pretty much every other performance shop I've dealt with in Canada (including Performance Improvements). The only time I can get anything within a week is if I order from the states.

otherwise, I find I'm waiting an average 3 weeks to over a month.

My advice,
most shops are pretty good about getting you your parts and willing to help out so long as people are available (see ZX3Tuning's post).... the problem you run into is when you're looking for a competent shop for installs/tuning. Steeda is an ok shop to deal with partswise, but I wouldn't go for installs/tuning until they've proven themselves a bit more on the focus.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

The few times I've ordered from them they've been pretty good. Granted it was all small stuff and not much could have gone wrong.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mbrp Customer Service +++ S2 1 995 08-18-2004, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Marction