Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do They Fit?
Apex Sport Springs... - 70 - Come pick them up

do springs for a 2002 fit a 2006?
Depends what you have. They won't fit on an ST. I believe the hatch hasn't changed.
White 2001 ZX3
17" FRPP White Rally Wheels, KW Cup Kit (1.6"Wink, Progress 22mm Rear Sway, Short Ram Intake w/K&N Cone, Steeda 65mm TB, Ported 2k Manifold, FRPP 9mm Wires, MAC UDP, Clear Markers, OBX 4-1 Shorty Header, OBX ORP, FS Flex, 2nd Gen. MBRP Exhaust, FS/SCT Multi Chip

My Focus
My Photography
There's issues on the 2006 model, different from the rest when it comes to suspension. I'm not sure exactly what but there is an 'issue'.....
i have a 2006 zx4 se
Whore'd from FF's Tires/Wheels/Suspension forum:

Ok, since Ford likes changing things, I thought I'd give everyone the Ultimate guide for Front Suspension Interchangabilities........

Spindles:
00-04 Non SVT......all non SVT cars had the same spindles
02-04 SVT.......All SVT cars had the same spindles
05......all 05 cars had the same spindles
06......all 06 cars had the same spindles

Control Arms:
00-04 ALL......Svt or Non, they were all the same
05-06........All 05-06 were the same

Struts:
00-05.....All will interchage, although different rates were on different models, they all will interchange
06.......06 Ford thought they would mess everything up and redegigning the struts and springs

Springs:
00-05.......Like the struts, all will interchange between 00-05
06........all by themselves

So, with information above, this is how things boil down....

1. Svt Spindles are direct replacement for any 00-04
2. To Do an SVT Brake Swap on an 05, you must Use The 00-04 Lower Control Arm(Ball Joints Are smaller)
3. To Do an 05 Brake Swap on an 00-04, you must switch the 05 Lower Control Arm(Ball joints are Larger)
4. To Change to 05 and earlier struts and springs on an 06, you must change shocks, springs, and Spindles(the 06 has a larger opening for the strut to fit in)
5. To do an SVT swap on an 06, you must change spindles, struts, springs, and lower control arms

-----
So, they won't fit. The 06 is on its own.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
thanks for the info :)