Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil Temp Sensor Installation
ok..

this is frustrating me, not too badly because I got 3/4 of what I wanted to get accomplished done today. I wired up my oil temp gauge and set the colour to blue, but the thing that confuses me is how to install the sensor, and how to connect

the sensor doesnt have a fitting for it on the end or anything like that, by the picture listed in the instructions it looks like they want me to wrap the wire around something... I will have to post pictures of the sensor, but my digital is unable to upload pictures here (blasted Casio, but its one hell of a camera though)

I have pictures of the fittings, the sensor itself, and the instructions:
Instructions:
[Image: image2.jpg]

sensor + fittings

[Image: image3.jpg]

any ideas? there are no fittings for the wire, it almost seems like the thing wants me to wrap the wire around the sensor? weird!

let me know! Oh yeah and which end is going to be going into the engine! I think the bigger bulkier side is going ot be going in????
ps. yes they were put on a flatbed scanner and scanned.
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
Put the sensor into the block, via any of the two points (that I already told you).

See the top of the sensor how it is threaded, well find a nut that goes on it. Then get a connector that fits nice in there and put the connector on the wire for hte sensor and put it over the threaded part, tighten the nut down and thats it...
hardk0re,May 1 2006, 12:36 AM Wrote:Put the sensor into  the block, via any of the two points (that I already told you).

See the top of the sensor how it is threaded, well find a nut that goes on it.  Then get a connector that fits nice in there and put the connector on the wire for hte sensor and put it over the threaded part, tighten the nut down and thats it...
[right][snapback]184263[/snapback][/right]

hey can you post the picture again so I can remember where it is? I am going ot jack up the car on wednesday and do it!

ps. what is a connector?

is this one??

[Image: gauges_connector.jpg]

does the electricity flow just if the wire is touching the outside of it?? or is there some special way I have to stick it in for it to flow?

PerfectSaiyan,Apr 30 2006, 10:14 PM Wrote:is this one??

[Image: gauges_connector.jpg]

does the electricity flow just if the wire is touching the outside of it??  or is there some special way I have to stick it in for it to flow?
[right][snapback]184294[/snapback][/right]
Umm No No and No. Well electricitiy can flow throught it. But not in the sense you want.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
lame! so what am I looking for then?

What type of connector should he be using then? That style should work good as long as it's snug on the post, not loose. Of course, an open connector would also work, like I said though, as long as it is snug for good conductivity.
No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like
Well according to that first pic with the wire labelings there should be lik5 different connections, so using one flat connector won't do all of that.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
Actually upon further readin on the net on those sensors, it may seem that could work. I can't be sure without seeing it all for sure.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
I have fully wired all the other wires.. only one wire connects to the sensor so i think a ring terminal is the perfect fit for my fat