Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drf Mod
How many people have done the DRL/fog light modification?

Any drawbacks to doing this mod? I just want to make sure I'm not going to fry anthing with simply "hot-wiring" the fuse box.

Thanks. :beerchug:
MADMAN|2001 SE Sport Wagon
i have it on my car for about 3 yrs now, there are no drawbacks, well maybe just you have to replace the fog light bulbs more often. Fogs run at 100% capacity compared to the headlight DRL's were running around 90% i think.

Also stick with a regular bulbs rather then high wattage.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

I did this mod and I love the way it looks. I have had no troubles at all. My Focus is an 02 and 05blackZX5 has an 05 and he did it too. It really makes the front end look alot different on the road. Very simple to do. Your not really hot wiring the fuse box but jumping a couple relays.

I say go for it.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
I did this mod, using my fogs as my DRL. Two blocks from home, my ABS light came on. Stayed on until I un-did the mod, then the light went out. Wierd.
Fogs actually run at 90 or 95% intensity when your car is on... and will switch to 100% when you turn to fog position, you cant tell the difference with the human eye anyways. other than that, no noticable issues, if you DO happen to have any concerns, then by all means, wire an in-line fuse on the FOG Pin side of the modification. The relay-side shouldnt matter, since even the factory OEM setup doesnt have a fuse where the relay is plugged into either.
My other ride is your Mom
I've got it, I love it, and it's dirt simple. It's nice being the only Focus in North Bay with DRFs :D

Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I've had it done to my car for around 2 years now and havent had any problems.. I dont have ABS though.
iv had the mod done to my 05 for about a month now and no probs
E.O MASIV
Over two years with no problem.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
Over a year here with no problem, and I like how it keeps my silverstars from being on all the time i drive.
'04 liquid grey ZX3 - my FSP auto-x car
'02 infra-red SVT  - my street car, now for sale