Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mbrp Exhaust
Well, got my exhaust in the mail thursday. Got home from work, dealt with the hot exhaust, and got the new exhaust slapped on in next to no time. And I will say from experience, it CAN put it on in the dark! Had the first part connected to the flexpipe, and the bulb in my worklight took a dump... so.. with just a little penlight maglite for company, I got the last of it hung, and all bolted up.

Now waiting on my intake and tune to arrive. Should be here by the end of this coming week.

Best part is... its sounds nice and quiet, and when driving around this weekend with the other half, she didn't even notice!
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
The MBRP is a really nice exhaust. I've had mine for a year and half and I love mine. Has a real nice sound to it. The hardest part of my install was cutting the bolts off at the flex pipe cuz mine had rusted up pretty good.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

hehe even with my car having only 12k miles on it, and only going through one winter (if you can call it winter), they were still a major PITA to remove. Breaker bar w/ piece of galvanized pipe did the trick.

then I had to deal with some other little pressed-in stud thing that was there to line up the exhaust I guess. Sawzall ran through that pretty quick though.
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
So, are we getting a big tax return this year and bought toys in advance?

Can't wait to hear the new exhaust. :banger:
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
me too...my car is currently in Quebec...broken, but it's fixed and I'm going out friday night and will be returning to spend some free money. Thinking of a high flow cat, short throw shifter, and something else...yeah. Any ideas?
2002 Infra-red ZTS
An intake.

meford: nah, the tax return was spent on her wedding ring.

This is my last horrah of spending *my* money before it becomes *her* money.. hehe

I got my marcy motorsport intake today.. got it installed in oh, an hour or so, and WHAT A DIFFERENCE. It definately woke that sorry-ass PZEV up.

Should have the tune tomorrow.. I hope..
--
Team PITA
done already...thinking of pulleys and a coil pack. Should feel difference now that I have the exhaust too...can't wait.
2002 Infra-red ZTS
residentdud,Mar 22 2006, 07:34 PM Wrote:done already...thinking of pulleys and a coil pack. Should feel difference now that I have the exhaust too...can't wait.
[right][snapback]176499[/snapback][/right]

Aftermarket coils are useless.
White 2001 ZX3
17" FRPP White Rally Wheels, KW Cup Kit (1.6"Wink, Progress 22mm Rear Sway, Short Ram Intake w/K&N Cone, Steeda 65mm TB, Ported 2k Manifold, FRPP 9mm Wires, MAC UDP, Clear Markers, OBX 4-1 Shorty Header, OBX ORP, FS Flex, 2nd Gen. MBRP Exhaust, FS/SCT Multi Chip

My Focus
My Photography
alright...what do you suggest?
2002 Infra-red ZTS
If you wanna do some ignition, wires and a larger gap on the OEM plugs will smooth out your revs and give a small bump in milage. No real power increase.

Next most cost effective items would be the pulleys, then a header/flex combo to really take advantage of the exhaust. Would definitely make it louder, though.
White 2001 ZX3
17" FRPP White Rally Wheels, KW Cup Kit (1.6"Wink, Progress 22mm Rear Sway, Short Ram Intake w/K&N Cone, Steeda 65mm TB, Ported 2k Manifold, FRPP 9mm Wires, MAC UDP, Clear Markers, OBX 4-1 Shorty Header, OBX ORP, FS Flex, 2nd Gen. MBRP Exhaust, FS/SCT Multi Chip

My Focus
My Photography
Maybe I'll just do the pulleys and high flow cat. how much louder is a hf cat?
2002 Infra-red ZTS
residentdud,Mar 24 2006, 04:16 AM Wrote:Maybe I'll just do the pulleys and high flow cat. how much louder is a hf cat?
[right][snapback]176694[/snapback][/right]

I had a JBA short header + fc High-flow cat with a mgnaflow catback (and FC flex) and I loved the sound but it was too loud for me.

I then purchased a FS stealth muffler (only the muffler - not the entire exhaust- from a friend) and installed it with a FS race header and its quieter now ... and the sound :D

***Exhaust soundclip*** click here !
03 ZX5, TrAcK rEaDy Big Grin

[Image: signature.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New MBRP exhaust! MuskokaZX3 8 3,326 04-16-2011, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Focus man. Focus.
  Mbrp Exhaust Alec Brandon 7 2,231 04-13-2007, 09:03 AM
Last Post: konafocuswrc
  Mbrp Exhaust & Shorty Header habmann 2 1,789 03-21-2005, 03:11 PM
Last Post: FociS8nt