Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Egr Tube...
Ok Guys, got the replacement EGR tube for my wagon, as it has broken at the manifold end. Now, ATM I can't get the other end undone....large 1 1/16th nut, seized solid (thanks Ford). So, my question is, if I 'blank off' the manifold end (using a quarter or something behind the plate), what will happen? For the last couple of weeks I've been driving it like this, a little noisy, but no apparent effects on the engine. I know it's part of the Exhaust recirculation, and for a week or so, I don't care about that....but what about where it is connected to, the EGR 'valve' and sensor?

Thanks for any input.

Mike.
you wont have any problems, its just you might fail your emission test and/or your engine light might come on.

I drove like that for about a year without a problem until i had to go for emission testing.

Hope this helps,

Mo
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

mo_focus,Feb 11 2006, 06:11 PM Wrote:you wont have any problems, its just you might fail your emission test and/or your engine light might come on.

I drove like that for about a year without a problem until i had to go for emission testing.

Hope this helps,

Mo
[right][snapback]169852[/snapback][/right]

Thanks a lot. I've blocked off the manifold using a 5 cent piece...lol...just stcuk in under the original mounting plate and tightened the nuts. :lol:

Now...the EGR tube now is open at the manifold end.....do I need to block it? It's just getting fresh air ATM, so I wonder about the sensor and vacuum unit (I think it's a vacuum unit...>shrugs<.....)

Mike.