Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Light Behind Mileage
Hi,

two night ago i was driving home from work and found that it was "darker" while I was driviing and I noticed that the light behind the Mileage thing in my dash was out...like you can still see it a bit but its not near as bright as it use to be. Anyway on fixing this? if so is it very hard? how do u go on doign it...Im going home next weekend so im going to get my dad to change it then if its changeable hehehehe
thanks!!!
Melanie_L,Jan 19 2006, 06:14 PM Wrote:Hi,

two night ago i was driving home from work and found that it was "darker" while I was driviing and I noticed that the light behind the Mileage thing in my dash was out...like you can still see it a bit but its not near as bright as it use to be. Anyway on fixing this? if so is it very hard? how do u go on doign it...Im going home next weekend so im going to get my dad to change it then if its changeable hehehehe
thanks!!!
[right][snapback]165972[/snapback][/right]

AFAIK, Its just a peanut bulb. and its pretty easy to change.

lemme find the write up
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
http://www.focushacks.com/index.php?modid=61

Here's the write up if you want to change it to indiglo...

It explains the removal of the cluster etc.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
awesome :)
I sent the link to my papa and he will fix it next weekend lol
on another note...lol my coolant is being dumb and leaking a bit...i bought stuff to stop it...and it said to put it in the rad...without success and after my dad explaining where the rad should be and what it looks like....i couldnt find it...

Is it doable in a focus????theres a thing where i can open and put the stuff in and hope that it will solve my problem since it solves 80% of all cooling system leaks!!!
lol
Melanie_L,Jan 19 2006, 11:43 PM Wrote:on another note...lol my coolant is being dumb and leaking a bit...i bought stuff to stop it...and it said to put it in the rad...without success and after my dad explaining where the rad should be and what it looks like....i couldnt find it...

Is it doable in a focus????theres a thing where i can open and put the stuff in and hope that it will solve my problem since it solves 80% of all cooling system leaks!!!
lol
[right][snapback]165981[/snapback][/right]

There is no such thing as easy fix, find out where the coolant is actualy leaking from. I had a similar problem and i found it to be from the tstat housing, So mine was a easy fix. I don't believe in those stop leak in a can stuff.

If you really need to use the can, then the coolant top up is right below your pasenger front strut upper mount. There should be a see thru canister with green coolant in it. Just open it when its cool and add the can to do. I dont recommend it thought ;)
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

Melanie_L,Jan 19 2006, 05:43 PM Wrote:on another note...lol my coolant is being dumb and leaking a bit...i bought stuff to stop it...and it said to put it in the rad...without success and after my dad explaining where the rad should be and what it looks like....i couldnt find it...

lol

Um, how does coolant "be" dumb?
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Slimsride,Jan 20 2006, 12:38 AM Wrote:
Melanie_L,Jan 19 2006, 05:43 PM Wrote:on another note...lol my coolant is being dumb and leaking a bit...i bought stuff to stop it...and it said to put it in the rad...without success and after my dad explaining where the rad should be and what it looks like....i couldnt find it...

lol

Um, how does coolant "be" dumb?
[right][snapback]165993[/snapback][/right]

haha, i guess its the old type, you know, not the smart coolant type :)

BTW that is why girls don't come to this site, bc you guys are just mean :P
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

thanks!!!

I don't mean to sound like an @$$ here, BUT could it be that you've just turned the brightness control(located by the light switch, and almost looks like an old school volume control) down with out realizing it? Like does one side look darker than the other or is it all dark? if it is all dark(also the radio and climate controls) chances are it is just that switch

best of luck
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
SL8RZZX3,Jan 20 2006, 04:48 AM Wrote:

thanks!!!

I don't mean to sound like an @$$ here, BUT could it be that you've just turned the brightness control(located by the light switch, and almost looks like an old school volume control) down with out realizing it? Like does one side look darker than the other or is it all dark? if it is all dark(also the radio and climate controls) chances are it is just that switch

best of luck
[right][snapback]166043[/snapback][/right]

Try the dimmer befroe you rip your car apart.
yeah....I dont know much about cars...but I did try that right away and its not the case it is the light behind it cuz its only affecting that and when i play with the dimmer it doesnt do anything different to that one spot.

Also, yes thats why not many girls are on here cuz some are mean!! haha
Melanie_L,Jan 20 2006, 12:31 PM Wrote:yeah....I dont know much about cars...but I did try that right away and its not the case it is the light behind it cuz its only affecting that and when i play with the dimmer it doesnt do anything different to that one spot.

Also, yes thats why not many girls are on here cuz some are mean!! haha
[right][snapback]166070[/snapback][/right]

Dont worry, this is also why half these guys dont get laid. :P
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]