Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shorty Header And Downpipe
I need to know what Hardwear i need to install a Shorty Header and Downpipe.

Bolt size,threads,Nuts? Washers?

Also Any good tips for the install.?
Knuckes..spare knuckes :P

I just needed the following for mine:
- Standard Socket Set w/ Deep and Shallow Metric
- Copper Anti Sieze for o2 Sensors
- Some High Temp Red RTV(for between gaskets - all but header/head gasket)
- OEM Ford Gasket
- I found that my air ratchet got into allot tighter places than a regular ratchet could because I didn't have to move it around...it made live allot easier...

You buying it new or used? New it should have everything you need as far as bolts or just reuse the stock manafold bolts...

It's a real pain in the ass to do on jack stands <_< but i've done it a few times :blink: The easiest I found was when my buddy and I had access to a hoist, the header is a breeze to get on from underneath

to bolt the down pipe to the header i've used 3/8" &1 1/2" ss bolts and 3/8" lock washers on both sides and some orange copper gasket maker on both ends of the ORP doesn't hurt either

hope that's some help B)
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shorty Header Install... euro 10 4,527 04-21-2006, 11:08 AM
Last Post: euro
  Shorty Header + Hi-flo Cat habmann 0 1,177 09-10-2005, 05:01 AM
Last Post: habmann
  Installing Shorty Header And Orp Q? FocusTunerzx3 6 2,459 07-17-2005, 06:11 AM
Last Post: FocusTunerzx3
  Mbrp Exhaust & Shorty Header habmann 2 1,839 03-21-2005, 03:11 PM
Last Post: FociS8nt
  Shorty Header Heat Problem qtgino 15 3,991 09-22-2004, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Blackzx3