Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange Gas Mileage Going On..
Yeah it's like that in all provances too, when you change Locations from place to place Elevations can also play a role in how your car is working correctly, my Dad and I found that out in the Mustang bring it back from Kelowna to Brampton.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
sunoco should be the only gas you use - its the cleanest on the market!!!
focus gone - 2005 mazda 6 sport gt wagon - lovin it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't see how "irving" gas hurt his engine, a bad batch of gas maybe but not all irving gas is bad. I am not a huge fan of irving but i buy it 75% of the time because i know the owner of a local station.

In new brunswick all gas is produced by irving oil, every single drop of it. No matter where you go, it's irving gas with a different batch of additives in it (supposedly)

No matter where i go with my truck, it runs the same... The car, the same....

I know people with new honda's, ford's, toyota' etc... all run the same and get around the same mileage wherever they go.... It all depends if the batch of gas sent to the local station was bad or not.....

Other provinces are probably different, but in the province of new brunswick no matter where you go, it's irving gas.
My Mom Says I'm Special
I used to work as an Operator at the Refinery, and I could go into specific details on the composition of gas purchased at an Irving station as opposed to Ultramar or any other in Atlantic Canada. Not all gas is made by Irving that is purchased in this province.
I here many people say that but in reality, we do receive a fair amount of shipments from Ontario and further West. The big problem is a particle amine that is thrown into the mix at Irving. It is designed to "wet" the gas. It increases the water content of the gas, and the by product is one of the negative affects on the person's Accord. Gas from one firm to the next is quite different to meet the requirments that were formed. All gas in the world, providing it is run through a cat. cracker will essentially be the same, but sometimes, the process is different which will alter the efficiency of that gas. Out in Ontario, a far more chmically treated catylist is used in the distillation process where as the local refinery is more "barbaric."
I found it hard to believe myself as well, but after looking at what he went through, and he had Honda write him a statement clearly explaining the problem with the gas here. He took it to Irving, and they acknowledged that yes, their gas can adversely affect certain cars made in Ontario.
I used to work as an Operator at the Refinery, and I could go into specific details on the composition of gas purchased at an Irving station as opposed to Ultramar or any other in Atlantic Canada. Not all gas is made by Irving that is purchased in this province.
I here many people say that but in reality, we do receive a fair amount of shipments from Ontario and further West. The big problem is a particle amine that is thrown into the mix at Irving. It is designed to "wet" the gas. It increases the water content of the gas, and the by product is one of the negative affects on the person's Accord. Gas from one firm to the next is quite different to meet the requirments that were formed. All gas in the world, providing it is run through a cat. cracker will essentially be the same, but sometimes, the process is different which will alter the efficiency of that gas. Out in Ontario, a far more chmically treated catylist is used in the distillation process where as the local refinery is more "barbaric."
I found it hard to believe myself as well, but after looking at what he went through, and he had Honda write him a statement clearly explaining the problem with the gas here. He took it to Irving, and they acknowledged that yes, their gas can adversely affect certain cars made in Ontario.