Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Badge Painting
I did this little mod the other day and Thought I'd tell you about it.

I painted my Badge " Focus " on my car to Black, and came to the conclusion that anyone can do this same mini mod with basic things as model paint, sand paper, clear coat spray paint ( in a can ) and some painter's tape, with two paper towel squares.

It only take like 30 minutes to do this mod and you could even do this mod to match your cars paint colour, I have to admit it's a cool little mod that really makes the focus word stand out.

EDIT: Photo's added

Before:

[Image: 100_0388.jpg]

After:

[Image: FocusBlack.jpg]

I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Why would you want to match your cars paint colour? Then it would just blend in wouldn't it? If your going to do that you might as well debadge it. Then it would have a nice clean look. I'd like to see yours though, I think the black script on a yellow car would look nice.
SVT ZX3,Oct 6 2005, 10:58 AM Wrote:Why would you want to match your cars paint colour? Then it would just blend in wouldn't it? If your going to do that you might as well debadge it. Then it would have a nice clean look. I'd like to see yours though, I think the black script on a yellow car would look nice.
[right][snapback]147044[/snapback][/right]

Well anyone that would want to do a colour match on their badging on their car colour could copy the UK versions of special Focus badging that came out, like Focus Black, Focus Girl, Elle, Chic, Silver, Collection, Flight, MP3, and Millenium just to name a few, most came in body colour, or in a different colour all together so it's a good option to have if you like or want to change it up.

I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
That's pretty sweet, I like cars with black badges.. especially if you're going for a stealth look and dont like the debadging idea.
Looks like it turned out very well, but it's kind of hard to tell because it's in the shade.
hmm... I'll have to take a closer pic then like the 1st one there................... but it's raining right now........... and I'll have to wash the car to take a pic........ ( some people on here are picky about that lol..... ) :rolleyes:
wow... looks like the black emblems on the late model Camry SE.
2006 Corolla - 1.8 DOHC 16V VVTi
2000 Focus SE Sport - 2.0 DOHC 16V Zetec - SOLD
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jaspher
http://ca.geocities.com/tdsports@rogers.com/home.htm
[Image: sig.jpg]