Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Is The Root Of This Weird Noise?
I go over a bump and it sounds like I've got a tool box in my hatch that's jumping around... last time I got ford to fix it they said it was the rear linkage, but they won't so much as look at it now with all aftermarket suspension... it only comes from the back. Any ideas? Happened when I had stock suspension too.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
If you are hearing a clunking noise is usually a shock bushing worn out, that would be my guess. :blink:

Cruz'n the West Coast
Is your jack secure?
It's not the jack, it's some component in the suspension. If you open the hatch and sit on the ledge and press down, it'll make the sound... kinda like a creaking sound. Not noticible unless you're going over bumps... and being that I live in scarborough, I have the keep the radio loud so it doesn't drive me insane :P
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Raine,Oct 2 2005, 05:18 PM Wrote:It's not the jack, it's some component in the suspension. If you open the hatch and sit on the ledge and press down, it'll make the sound... kinda like a creaking sound. Not noticible unless you're going over bumps... and being that I live in scarborough, I have the keep the radio loud so it doesn't drive me insane :P
[right][snapback]146125[/snapback][/right]

Mine moans and groans too.

Use dynamat...Problem solved.
ANTHONYD,Oct 2 2005, 04:19 PM Wrote:Mine moans and groans too.

Use dynamat...Problem solved.
[right][snapback]146127[/snapback][/right]

I was planning to dynamat this winter anyway. But the weird thing is that it was fixed for almost a year when Ford did it last time. Do the rear bushings wear out that fast? If so maybe it's time to invest in some urethane
2000 Black ZX3
Actaully in the last couple of days i have been noticing this sound to.

I hear it went i brake and turn, and when i downshift. Like a clunk/ knock sound from my back passanger side.

How much is it to fix this rear linkage business?
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
Strut Mount??? Our's was doing it to it is a worn out strut mount. This happended on the tempo though :lol:
My Mom Says I'm Special

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird Noise When Clutch Is Engaged ZX5chica 10 4,322 06-06-2008, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Flofocus
  Weird Intake Noise Tantrik ZX3 10 3,498 06-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Last Post: naz
  Rattle Noise And Weird Sliding Motion mustanggt_50 2 1,873 04-18-2008, 01:16 AM
Last Post: CanadaSVT
  Guess That Weird Noise _JC_ 7 2,774 02-14-2007, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Flofocus
  Weird Noise Raine 1 1,347 06-22-2004, 08:14 PM
Last Post: Stap Boy