Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Squeek Coming From Rear Brakes
When I press the brake pedal, you can hear a squeek coming from the rear brakes. It's not sustained... just when you press it. And if I press it, release it, wait a second, then press it again, it'll squeek again. Any idea what it could be?
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Rear drums?

How many kms....

Probably just needs a cleaning. get rid of some of that brakepad residue.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Aug 30 2005, 10:39 AM Wrote:Rear drums?

How many kms....

[right][snapback]137223[/snapback][/right]

30,000 on new shoes in the back
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
I'd say take the drum off clean in there up with some brake cleaner and see what happens.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
cleaning might help, but probalby not. This is a normal issue on the focus. I had that problem on my sedan. drove me nuts, are they the factory set that came with the car. It stayed with me until got rid of the car....
I take it they are drums and not disks??? If they are drums and you have had new pads fitted, they will squeal as they bed in. Also they will squeal just before they die! LOL

Same really goes for the disks...
FastFord (March 2005)
Performance Ford (November 2005)
FastFord Thrash (January 2008)
Modified Nationals Top 25 (2005,2006)
FastFord (May 2009)
FastFord RS V ST Thrash (June 2009)
scoobasteve,Aug 30 2005, 11:39 AM Wrote:Rear drums?

How many kms....

[right][snapback]137223[/snapback][/right]

We have the same issue. Once you take off the rear drums and give them a spray with air, the squeal goes away for a few months.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
laidman,Aug 30 2005, 01:44 PM Wrote:cleaning might help, but probalby not.  This is a normal issue on the focus.  I had that problem on my sedan.  drove me nuts, are they the factory set that came with the car.  It stayed with me until got rid of the car....
[right][snapback]137274[/snapback][/right]

yep, i've got the same issue on the ZTS with rear drums...had it since the day i've got it. When braking out from the garage, it squeaks...When slowly braking, it squeaks...ofcourse, when braking in the rain, it also squeaks...
2003 Focus ZTS Sedan - CD Silver - 2.0L ZETEC. Power Moonroof. Winter Package. 4 spd auto
2002 Mazda Protege ES Sedan - Sand Mica - 2.0L FS-DE. 4 spd auto

Toronto Protege Club Events Photographer
Toronto Protege Club Events Reporter
get some WAGNER THERMO_QUIETS they will solve your problems - the absolute best for the focus- - no SQUEEKING
focus gone - 2005 mazda 6 sport gt wagon - lovin it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the exact reason I have a 800 Watt stereo!
MAlby7,Aug 31 2005, 06:01 AM Wrote:This is the exact reason I have a 800 Watt stereo!
[right][snapback]137642[/snapback][/right]

You and me both. The louder the bass = the quieter the problems

But I think a few of you guys don't understand what the problem is. It's not the pads/shoes. The squeek isn't a result of them being worn/new... it's not like the harder I press the brake the louder or longer the squeek. It's just when I initially tap the break, it squeeks. Sorta like the arm/lever that causes the break to grip is too tight or something. The car can be parked and not moving in the slightest and when I tap the brake it'll squeek.
2000 Black ZX3
Could be the shoes sliding on the backing plates. A little antiseize or some high temp lube on the backing plate where the soes contact it will fix that right up. And I do mean a LITTLE.
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
Mine Let out the sound when i let off the Brakes.

When im parked Same thing. Its not the Shoes or Drums Its gotta be something else.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear Brakes Wore Out Before Front On Fusion FocusFreak 8 6,751 05-31-2009, 03:19 PM
Last Post: paolo
  Rear Brakes guilty 8 2,491 10-25-2006, 12:49 PM
Last Post: guilty
  Rear Brakes Shot... Again Raine 19 4,917 10-13-2005, 03:46 AM
Last Post: Medicman
  Need Help With Rear Disc Brakes redsvtfocus 6 2,873 06-22-2005, 09:41 AM
Last Post: redsvtfocus