Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running On A 91 Octane Tune.
ok so what are the implications for having a tune set for 91 octane and running 87 octane?

thanks
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Knock/Detonation...prolonged use of 87 when your tuned for 91 could cause engine damage eventually.

Best put back to stock if your running regular. I know when I had my diablo and ran 87 when I was tuned for 91 I could hear pinging (could have been in my head) but I just removed the chip until I could fill up with 91 or 94 again.
whos thats knocking on my door......................BOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah I figured as much I just didn't know *how* bad it was cause I am looking at picking up an Xcal but the tunes are for 91 and well gas is about to sky rocket again ( or so they say ) and 87 is already at the 96cent mark :(

ZX3tuner do you reflash SCT? or does anyone do that in the Toronto area?
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
You will have to ask Mitch aka Zx3tuning
ZX3TUNR,Jan 20 2006, 08:32 PM Wrote:You will have to ask Mitch aka Zx3tuning
[right][snapback]166110[/snapback][/right]

yeah your names are too close together
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
steeda does it if your just looking for a basic tune
Below Average Car Club
when you say basic tune does that mean you tell them what you have and they'll just burn in settings like, rear 02 delete, egr disable, fuel pressure bump?
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
nass,Jan 20 2006, 05:30 PM Wrote:when you say basic tune does that mean you tell them what you have and they'll just burn in settings like, rear 02 delete, egr disable, fuel pressure bump?
[right][snapback]166125[/snapback][/right]

Yes. What basic means is they will programme in mods. Some mods they are incapable of figuring out what is best for the car. Basic mods like CAI, egr delete, etc. they can do.

Things like a turbo/SC, you need to look elsewhere IMO. And don't get them to tune your cam gears via the SCT!!! :lol:
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Jan 20 2006, 07:39 PM Wrote:Things like a turbo/SC, you need to look elsewhere IMO.  And don't get them to tune your cam gears via the SCT!!! :lol:
[right][snapback]166148[/snapback][/right]

They tried to sucker you into that aswell? i thought $600 seemed a taaaaad pricey to tune cam gears
Below Average Car Club
schade,Jan 21 2006, 02:26 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Jan 20 2006, 07:39 PM Wrote:Things like a turbo/SC, you need to look elsewhere IMO.  And don't get them to tune your cam gears via the SCT!!! :lol:
[right][snapback]166148[/snapback][/right]

They tried to sucker you into that aswell? i thought $600 seemed a taaaaad pricey to tune cam gears
[right][snapback]166184[/snapback][/right]

No, they told us they could tune the cam gears with the SCT.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
hmm ok I think I am going to pick up an Xcal1. I don't think I can justify the cost of an Xcal2 even with the new features. I just basically want to eliminate my rear O2, disable the EGR and if I can bump the numbers a bit great.

***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
nass,Jan 21 2006, 12:34 PM Wrote:hmm ok I think I am going to pick up an Xcal1. I don't think I can justify the cost of an Xcal2 even with the new features. I just basically want to eliminate my rear O2, disable the EGR and if I can bump the numbers a bit great.
[right][snapback]166238[/snapback][/right]

You can usually pick up a cheap Xcal1 on ebay or the other major Focus forums.
SVT ZX3,Jan 21 2006, 10:39 PM Wrote:
nass,Jan 21 2006, 12:34 PM Wrote:hmm ok I think I am going to pick up an Xcal1. I don't think I can justify the cost of an Xcal2 even with the new features. I just basically want to eliminate my rear O2, disable the EGR and if I can bump the numbers a bit great.
[right][snapback]166238[/snapback][/right]

You can usually pick up a cheap Xcal1 on ebay or the other major Focus forums.
[right][snapback]166269[/snapback][/right]

yup I am all over that best price so far is $150usd shipped
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check