Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ipod Stereo Integration
What do u guys think? I got my Ipod hooked to the head unit. The head unit controls all the funtions of it.
lol, urg Im new here not quit sure how to post pics yet. Fill me in,,, Anyways its cool I got it running to the compartment in the armrest.
I did the same thing with my Mini-Disc player but i can also control my deck with the MD :)
That module that allows you to control your ipod with the deck is pricey isn't it? Something like $250?
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Raine,Aug 16 2005, 09:33 AM Wrote:That module that allows you to control your ipod with the deck is pricey isn't it? Something like $250?
[right][snapback]133042[/snapback][/right]

Yeah but its worth it, I got around 1400 songs on it so its all good. Whats the deal with pics? I think I cant post yet cause im new.
until you can post pics, post some details on the parts pls.
Did you get the monster icruze adapter? If so, it obviously works well? Any Ipod adapter for your factory or aftermarket headunit will disable your cd changer and/or fuctions!

model #: MPC FX ICRUZ for the 00-04 Focus Focus

I'm pretty sure you can get a normal rca-yo-male headphone jack style cable, plug into your aftermarket decks AUX input and you can work an IPOD like that!!

not 100% on the details of that type of setup although it is designed to allow connectivity with Mini-Disc, Walkman, and MP3 players...I'm also told that the Pioneer CD-IB100 iPod Interface Adapter is a great unit too for around $99 usd
I got the Ice link plus adapter. As for the rca cord if your gonna go that way and do the controls through the ipod get a cable that comes from the ipod connector in the bottom. You know the flat one. I dont know why but the sound quality coming from that instead of the headphone jack is like 10x better. I've only even seen these cables in future shop, they where part of a three piece kit.
Jared_SE,Aug 16 2005, 10:12 PM Wrote:I dont know why but the sound quality coming from that instead of the headphone jack is like 10x better.
[right][snapback]133317[/snapback][/right]

You're talking the difference between a digital and stereo signal.. the digital is going to be much better

and the only problem with having an ipod hooked up just thru the AUX input on a deck is that you won't be able to control the track changing/all that jazz from your deck. You'd have to do it on your Ipod. Not a big deal really, but i figure if you're going to go thru all that trouble of hooking it up to the aux as opposed to doing a proper ICE link install, just pick up one of those Itrip FM transmitters.. they go cheap and you can just wirelessly transmit your music to a radio station. My MP3 player has one of those built in and it's all I use. Don't remember the last time I burnt a CD
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
I want the alpine KCA-420i .... but i guess i need an ipod first.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ipod With Audiophile Stereo In '02 Svt penguinboy 4 1,595 09-17-2006, 02:55 AM
Last Post: ZTWsquared