Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ram Intake...

I've never bought a short ram intake before, and I'm looking at this used one... should I be getting any more peices than the ones in the picture?

[Image: b9_1_b.JPG]

Dan
did he just cut AEM tubing and shoved the MAF on the end of it?
smith21,Jun 28 2005, 10:22 PM Wrote:did he just cut AEM tubing and shoved the MAF on the end of it?
[right][snapback]118329[/snapback][/right]

He just said what was in the picture was for sale and nothing else....
Dan
I dunno about that one. Seems strange, AEM wouldn't design an intake that covers up their logo. Also it looks a little short, like someone hacked off a bit more of it and of course it's missing the filter. Also whoever removed it looks like they cut the breather tube off, like with a razor blade, you can see a bit of it still attached to the tube which is strange.

I'd pass, look in the Buy/Sell threads for a good VOLANT or something, check out the FF boards also, there is a TON of intake on there for sale right now.
Your right AEM wouldnt make somthing that cover's there logo.
And it does not come with a filter but the guy is leaving the mass air sensor on it.... according to the picture anyway.

Persionally I wouldnt buy it. Go Ebay if your just trying to save a few bux on it.
2000 ZX3
I mean there's short ram and there's SHORT ram... that's too short for me.

Also, why the heck is it coming with a MAF housing and a MAF? :huh:

A good K+N filter will cost you 50-60 bucks, depending on the size and style... and as noted, every short ram intake ever sold will come with a filter... otherwise what's the point?

Something's really fishy there.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Thanks guys! I have definitely decided to look elsewhere.
Dan
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 29 2005, 10:32 AM Wrote:I mean there's short ram and there's SHORT ram... that's too short for me.

A good K+N filter will cost you 50-60 bucks, depending on the size and style... and as noted, every short ram intake ever sold will come with a filter... otherwise what's the point?

[right][snapback]118380[/snapback][/right]

Normally I have seen AEM short rams with an opening for the actually MAF (which means that it has to be taken out of the stock housing.) Buddy probably did not have a security torx bit to take out the MAF out of the stock housing so he sawed off that section of the AEM and and attached the MAF with the housing. :blink: :lol:
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
dBlast,Jun 29 2005, 11:26 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 29 2005, 10:32 AM Wrote:I mean there's short ram and there's SHORT ram... that's too short for me.

[right][snapback]118380[/snapback][/right]

Normally I have seen AEM short rams with an opening for the actually MAF (which means that it has to be taken out of the stock housing.) Buddy probably did not have a security torx bit to take out the MAF out of the stock housing so he sawed off that section of the AEM and and attached the MAF with the housing. :blink: :lol:
[right][snapback]118447[/snapback][/right]

Yeah that thing is junk. I looked at it again, obviously someone ****ed it up and is trying to pawn it off on someone else. Seems like he must have gotten pissed off with chopping off the breather hose also, that or it's stolen or something..... I'm wondering if sticking a filter on the end of that wouldn't come into contact with other engine components, hood and after chopping it off, realized that and is trying to get rid of it.