Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mbrp
ok, MBRP is getting some more business as of 2morro, i'm just curious if i need anything else? High flow cat? Flex pipe?
Your exhaust system is pretty much in 4 parts:
Header
Cat
Flex pipe
Exhaust
Not upgrading all to equal piping leads to bottlenecks in the system. Is it a major deal? No it just means you are not going to get the most out of your upgrades. I ran with just a magnafloe exhaust for a couple of years and loved it, then added a JBA header last year.
I bought a red car, because everyone knows red is the fastest.
skifreak69,May 9 2005, 10:20 PM Wrote:Your exhaust system is pretty much in 4 parts:
Header
Cat
Flex pipe
Exhaust
Not upgrading all to equal piping leads to bottlenecks in the system.  Is it a major deal? No it just means you are not going to get the most out of your upgrades.  I ran with just a magnafloe exhaust for a couple of years and loved it, then added a JBA header last year.
[right][snapback]107743[/snapback][/right]

ok, still doesn't awnser my question :P, do i need anything else?
sorry misread your post i guess
When i put my MBRP on everything i need came in the box, bolted up to the stock flex pipe no prob, so i'm assuming that if your going to their shop to have it installed they should have everything you need. Enjoy the exhaust when its done, sounds sweet, i love mine.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

umm..not going to see them, ordering it, then maybe tackling it myself, or going to a muffler shop here in sudbury, not sure yet
smith21,May 9 2005, 09:27 PM Wrote:umm..not going to see them, ordering it, then maybe tackling it myself, or going to a muffler shop here in sudbury, not sure yet
[right][snapback]107751[/snapback][/right]
where u ordering from?? Just curious myself maybe looking at exhaust. Haven't decided yet so many mods so little cash :D
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
I ordered mine straight from MBRP.

As for the install smith, be prepared to do a lil bit of work to get the stock exhaust off. The bolts that hold the stock exhaust to the flex pipe tend to rust and need to either be ground off or cut off, i just brought my car to speedy and they cut the bolts off for me for a round of coffee's after thats done tho the install is pretty straight forward. If you've got any questions just let me know.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

I did mine myself, it wasn't that difficult, you just have to be prepared for some stubborn bolts, have lots of wd 40 ready
There is currently a large backorder at MBRP so you know, there are quite a few members on FF that are still waiting, few weeks now.....

Just a heads up.....
I get mine on thursday...hopefully
S2,May 9 2005, 10:57 PM Wrote:There is currently a large backorder at MBRP so you know, there are quite a few members on FF that are still waiting, few weeks now.....

Just a heads up.....
[right][snapback]107759[/snapback][/right]

thanks for the heads up
Did you call them directly? If nothing else, the backlog is directly attributable to their atv / diesel exhaust sales and not the Focus directly. UNLESS our 2-man trip down in April spawned a mass increase in sales :D :P

Did you speak with Ed directly? Just give him another call and ask for an ETA. Did you ship it via Purolator or Canada Post?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
haven't called them yet :( , cuase i'm probably the biggest procrastinator on this board, but i'm hoping i will call them 2morro, or sometime by next week. And yea, adam, i'll try to talk to ed about it, let him know that i got refered by you also. See what he can hook me up with :)
I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago... and I'm still waiting!

This will be the end of week 3! I have an install day on friday, but looks like I'm not going to have the exhaust in time for that.... oh well... something to do in the future!!

Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims