Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will I Need A Camber Kit?
I'm thinking about buying a set of Apex springs which would give me a 1.6" drop on my wagon. Will I need a camber kit in order to line it up? Thanks.
D12 Racing,Apr 13 2005, 12:01 PM Wrote:I'm thinking about buying a set of Apex springs which would give me a 1.6" drop on my wagon.  Will I need a camber kit in order to line it up? Thanks.
[right][snapback]101265[/snapback][/right]

No, you shouldnt. I could be wrong since its a wagon, but for other foci's, I think the magic # for Camber kit is 2".

This should be in the Performance section. :P Unless your adding the springs for looks I guess. :unsure:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Apr 13 2005, 11:15 AM Wrote:No, you shouldnt.  I could be wrong since its a wagon, but for other foci's, I think the magic # for Camber kit is 2".

This should be in the Performance section.  :P Unless your adding the springs for looks I guess. :unsure:
[right][snapback]101269[/snapback][/right]

Ya, after you drop your car from 2'' you'll need a camber kit. Me I needed one. And I drop it 2'' in front and 2,25'' in the back
No you won't..... definitely definitely not not matter what they tell you. If they tell you (alignment/install place) that you need one, they are scamming you for more cash. They can easily get the car back into specs without it.
Thats good to hear. Thanks for the input. The guy who is doing the install is a good friend of mine and he has never done a drop on a focus before. He was not sure if would need a kit or not. Thanks again.
Rule of thumb is over 2" it's required, not just on a focus but this is pretty common across the industry (sport compacts).
YES! GET IT!
As another wagon owner with the Apex sport kit to another.
The $50 or whatever they are now, is only a 1/3 the cost of a single replacement tire.
A cannot stress it enough, would a larger font help!
Sure it's cheap but if the alignment is done properly, you don't need it.
S2,Apr 16 2005, 01:49 PM Wrote:Sure it's cheap but if the alignment is done properly, you don't need it.
[right][snapback]102017[/snapback][/right]

Who do you suggest he goes to for a proper alignment? Ford? Private?
I did both, and still had problems. I had laser alignments, old school string ones. My rear camber ordeal last a year and a half.

Consider that Ford knows there is an inner tire wear problem on the wagon. They wait until you complain to install the same camber kit on stock components. I'll dig up the TSB#.

I don't know ZX3s and do not comment on fixes for them. What I do know is my wagon and what it took to get back within spec.
j3rt,Apr 16 2005, 10:28 AM Wrote:
S2,Apr 16 2005, 01:49 PM Wrote:Sure it's cheap but if the alignment is done properly, you don't need it.
[right][snapback]102017[/snapback][/right]

Who do you suggest he goes to for a proper alignment? Ford? Private?
I did both, and still had problems. I had laser alignments, old school string ones. My rear camber ordeal last a year and a half.

Consider that Ford knows there is an inner tire wear problem on the wagon. They wait until you complain to install the same camber kit on stock components. I'll dig up the TSB#.

I don't know ZX3s and do not comment on fixes for them. What I do know is my wagon and what it took to get back within spec.
[right][snapback]102034[/snapback][/right]

No arguing with you, I respect your judgement and experience.
note: i have a zx3.. i cannot comment for the wagon
ZX3T gone..